Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Most important trail cam features? >

Most important trail cam features?

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Most important trail cam features?

Old 08-29-2008, 11:17 AM
Spike

Default Most important trail cam features?

I've been looking at some of the new trail cams on the market and trying to make a decision on what to buy.
These things are getting so loaded with features (higher megapixels, infared, viewers, temperature sensors, etc), but what are the core most important features of a game camera that would have to be included before you would recommend it?

Any recommendations appreciated.
Old 08-29-2008, 11:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Most important trail cam features?

Dependability and battery life!!!!Those aremy #1 thing to look for, the time and date is second, after that the rest is a bonus!!!
I have bought many brands over the last few years, my most recent two are the moultrie I-40 and the LeafRiver IR-5. I have used the I-40 for several months without failure and just put out the LeafRiver, they both get good reviews but I am thinking the LeafRiver will be the most dependable over time after reading the reviews....Good Luck with your choice, there are many out there and I own several of them...UltimatelyI would also say that it would depend on what YOU really want out of a camera!!!!
Old 08-29-2008, 01:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

BHAddict,

That's a great question. One that I think gets lost in hype. If I had to choose one feature that would cause me to buy a camera, it would be the sensing, the range and the angle of degree. It isn't something you hear alot about. But think about it, if the sensor doesn't see something, it doesn't matter what the trigger speed is or how many megapixs the camera has, you are not going to get a pic. I think there are other things to consider, such as battery life, flash range, and trigger time, but I think the most important thing is the sensor's range and angle. But that's just my opinion.

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-29-2008, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Either way, no camera has everything a person wants. I go with the price feature. Not made of money here so the cheaper the better. But I am kinda loyal to the brand I started with which is Moultrie. Great cameras for the price and the last 1 I bought was $99. Happy so far.
Old 08-29-2008, 06:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

It kinda irks me that they haven't made the perfect deer camera yet. The only things were asking for are high MP's, super fast trigger time, ridiculously long battery life, dependability, bear and theft proof and small size .

I would like to see a infrared camera that comes around 7 or 8 MP with a 1/10 second trigger time. That would be perfect for me.
Old 08-29-2008, 08:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

1. Battery life
2. Trigger speed
3. Flash range
Old 08-29-2008, 08:56 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Siman08/OH

It kinda irks me that they haven't made the perfect deer camera yet. The only things were asking for are high MP's, super fast trigger time, ridiculously long battery life, dependability, bear and theft proof and small size .

I would like to see a infrared camera that comes around 7 or 8 MP with a 1/10 second trigger time. That would be perfect for me.
That kind of sounds like a Scout Guard SG550 except for it being bear and theft proof [8D]
Old 08-29-2008, 09:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bee Busy Outdoors

That kind of sounds like a Scout Guard SG550 except for it being bear and theft proof [8D]
stay back spammer!!!

In all honesty, i would consider a scout guard but they are too overpriced. And contrary to whatever you tell me, the image quality and infrared kinda suck IMO. At least form what ive seen....
Old 08-29-2008, 11:52 PM

I'll take 3
Old 08-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

battery life, trigger speed and time stamp

Quick Reply: Most important trail cam features?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.