Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 What do you want?!! >

What do you want?!!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What do you want?!!

Old 08-14-2008, 06:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default What do you want?!!

Hello, my name is Pastorjim and I'm addicted to trailcams.

OK everyone, I posed a question previously about your histories with trailcams. Now I would like to know if you are satisfied with what you have or if you'd like something better and what that would be if money were no object. Before purchasing my I-40s, I probably did 3mos. research. While I am pretty satisfied with them, given the opportunity and money were no object, I probably would purchase a Reconyx 55. On the other hand, I probably would have a hard time sleeping at night knowing I had over $500 strapped to the side ofa tree in the middle of the woods!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-14-2008, 06:41 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What do you want?!!

I actually want a camera that doesnt have bugs. A simple less than1 second trigger time, clear photos and good battery life. But every single brand and model of camera you hear about having issues. I wouldnt think it would be too hard to just create a good camera. Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-14-2008, 06:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Siman08,

Thank you for responding to my post. All the research I have did leads me to believe the Reconyx is your answer. While it is pricey, I don't think I have read one negative thing about it. The trigger time is unbelievable at 1/10th of a second and the picture quality is great. Hope this helps and no I don't work for Reconyx!!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-14-2008, 09:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

the Cuddeback Capture is supposed to have a super quick reaction time also.

I beleive it is 1/10 th of a second
Old 08-14-2008, 10:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Bullet Hole Bailey

the Cuddeback Capture is supposed to have a super quick reaction time also.

I beleive it is 1/10 th of a second
I have heard that. Are they on the market yet? From what i know, you can order them but they havnt shipped them yet. I know Cuddeback has been going downhill lately so hopefully these will pick it back up.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:24 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

Most retail stores are holding the new cams until the no flash and expert get sold out. They have them marked way down at our local Bass Pro. I am very seriosly considering getting the capture. I have enough rewards points built up on my card so it's not like it is going to cost me anything.
Old 08-14-2008, 10:53 AM

I should be getting my capture IR anyday now from Cabela's
Old 08-14-2008, 11:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

If money was no object I'd like to find a camera with a 180 degree field of view. That would give it a better chance to get more pics plus what walks just out of the cameras view is what I wonder about alot. I'm sure that would be too pricey for me though.
Old 08-14-2008, 08:43 PM

yea if money wasnt an option i would use what border patroluses and sit at my comp watching the live stream
Old 09-10-2008, 07:59 PM

cost aside, i would choose the new "smart scouter" cameras.the ability to check your images from your p.c. without disturbing your hunting areas is by far the best feature of all the current cameras.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.