Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Trail cam pics/hunting season >

Trail cam pics/hunting season

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail cam pics/hunting season

Old 08-13-2008, 07:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Trail cam pics/hunting season

I hunted him hard with a bow thru the month of September,then started rifle hunting in October. I put about 200 hours in a stand to finally get a crack at him. I only saw him one other time when he came into rattlin' horns butdidn't offer me a shot. He finally came down on December 11th. All said and done. 19 1/2" inside spread, 8 1/2" G2's, 10 inch G3's, 5 1/4" bases Gross score( cause net's are for fishing) 161 3/8.

To answer your question... yes. I had pictures of three other really good shooters but this "Ol Buck Fity" as I called him was my first pick andit was getting down to the wire. There is a 200 incher that runs the bottoms. He is the one I am after this year.
Old 08-13-2008, 07:05 AM

Pastor jim that is awesome! last year i wasnt really in to trail cam picks but i did i have one out. I got one good picture of a 8pt buck and i didnt see him all of the bow season, but ended up shooting him the first morning of the gun season. This year i have 2 cams out on a different piece of property and am getting some good pics of some dandies. I just dont want to get my hopes up for this set of property and not have it turn out! thanks for sharing your story!
Old 08-13-2008, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Elknutz,

That is one freak-nasty buck.........Congrats!!

Blessings.....Pastorjim
Old 08-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks! There is a story behind him. I made a great shot on a tough deer in -10 degree temps.It was a HORRIBLE tracking job thru some wetlands (no blood) andover your head cattails.We ended up leaving him over night. We came back the next morning and startedcircling. We found him in the area just 20 yardsfrom where we stopped looking.It got cold enough over night to get about 1" of ice over it. I had to chip him out of the ice. Thats why the side of his face is ice'd up.The coyotes had found him overnight and chewed his ear off.I learned my lesson about this spot. From now on... the heck with saving meat, I am breaking thier shoulder.
Old 08-13-2008, 09:36 PM

That is awesome!
Old 08-14-2008, 10:42 AM
DTC
Nontypical Buck

I might see 1 out every 5 bucks I get on camera. My family owns a big chunk of the land where I live and they all hunt too. I average 10-15 bucks a year on camera and we might kill 2 of them.
Old 08-14-2008, 11:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

I seeabout half the bucks i get on camera during the preseason, but most of what i get are young bucks.