Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera >

Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Old 09-22-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

I recommend you put your money towards another cam such as the scoutguard 550 or a moultrie i-40 or the new capture cudde. All around $200
Old 09-24-2008, 10:06 AM

I bought one at Wal Mart after my I-40 was stolen. Overall I'm very pleased with it given the price. The only downside with this camera is the color of the pictures during the day. They almost have a purple tint to them. The upsidewould be the battery life, i get around 500 or more pictures with only 4 d-cell batteriescomared to my I-40 that had 6 or 8( not exactly sure ).The display panel is really user friendly.The trigger speed, in my opinion is much faster than the I-40.
Old 09-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Spike

I had problems with this camera the first few days, but kept working with it. It takes good pictures as you say, mostly black and white but resolution looks really good. The battery life definetly is a plus, and still going. I had over 300 plus pictures for 4 weeks and still had 85% battery life. Very user friendly, and set up was very easy I thought. I have seen alot of posts stating they hated the camera and took it back. I honestly was going too but gave it a few days and it worked fine. For the price I am seeing, $109?, I would definetly buy another.
Old 09-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

hmmmmmm I was gonna buy a ghost the week. now im not so sure.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: City Slicker?

I bought one at Wal Mart after my I-40 was stolen. Overall I'm very pleased with it given the price. The only downside with this camera is the color of the pictures during the day. They almost have a purple tint to them. The upsidewould be the battery life, i get around 500 or more pictures with only 4 d-cell batteriescomared to my I-40 that had 6 or 8( not exactly sure ).The display panel is really user friendly.The trigger speed, in my opinion is much faster than the I-40.
hmmm, my I40 has been out since the beginning of May and still on the same set of batteries.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:52 AM

What I was saying was that the I40 uses 2 or 4 more batteries compared to the Remmington with, in my opinion, the same amount of battery life. They're both great camera's, i just didn't want to spend the extra 100.00$ on the I40 and have it stolen agian, otherwise....
Old 10-27-2008, 11:00 AM

Wow.. Sorry to hear about the bad luck everyone has had with this cam.... I purchased one from Walmart thisearly Sep2008 I put it out in the field and wow! it works totally awesome.
I noticed that if you set it up as IR it's IR for DAY and NIGHT that is why your day shot colorslook off. I set it for both and found that the flash was the best. IR is not really needed if you set it for one picture only. I have found if you set it for 3 or more pics it will spook the deer. Also cover up the red and green led light with tape. I have had this in the field for almost 2 months now and have had no issues just awesome shots of bucks - even sparing -

I live in Michigan and the weather is ruff out there but so far this camera has held up flawlessly. I changed the batteries only once.
Old 10-27-2008, 11:49 AM
Typical Buck

Man batteries is my current issue with my new cam...after taking back the Remmington I got a 5MP stealth cam... goes through a set of batteries each week! Someone tell me this ain't normal! It's only taking 50 pics or so...
Old 10-27-2008, 12:42 PM

Not in the Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera
Old 10-27-2008, 06:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

after taking back the Remmington I got a 5MP stealth cam... goes through a set of batteries each week! Someone tell me this ain't normal! It's only taking 50 pics or so...
I haven't had any problem with battery life on my stealth cam.. I couldn't tell you how many pics mine has taken with the same set of batteries, but it has been alot. I had it out for 3 months this summer with out any problem what so ever. I recently took it again but change the batteries to make sure I do not have any issues with them as the night time temps has hit around the mid 20s here. So i will know after the hunting season is over if they hold up in the cold weather we get. So my guess is it is not normal for your batteries to run out as quick as that. Check chasinggame .com to see the reviews on yours to make sure.

Quick Reply: Remington Ghost Dual Flash Camera

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.