Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Stealthcam I540IR >

Stealthcam I540IR

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Stealthcam I540IR

Old 08-08-2008, 06:48 AM
Fork Horn

Default Stealthcam I540IR

I know there has been a lot of talk about what cameras are better than others and I have read the reviews on chasinggame.com, but I was just wondering if anyone has had problems with white-outs during low light settings with the I540IR? During the night and during the day I am getting great pics, but in the evening or daybreak when it is a low light situations, the infrared is still setting off and is messing the picture up. I have a Moultrie 4.0 and it works great for me at all times. Im thinking about exchanging theI540IR for another Moultrie. The only reason I tried the I540IRwas because of the infrared and I am afraid of spooking deer with a flash. Any info would be great. Thanks!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 01:59 PM

Default RE: Stealthcam I540IR

ttheir is an hour in the evening and early and early morning that the camera cannot tell if its is supposed to be infrared or not therefore it will whiteout your pics at those specific times
Old 08-09-2008, 04:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

huntingtherut,

Whiteout can be an issue with any IR camera. It comes from the inability of the camera to tell the difference in low light and no light. It can also occur if the camera is placed in a very dark place during the day. I have a Moultrie I-40. I also had the problem you described on the unit I purchased last year. However, after downloading the upgrade, available online, out of over 800 pics this year, not one whiteout. It must be an issue the camera companies are addressing because the I-40 that I purchased this year never had that problem at all. Hope this helps!

Blessings.........Pastorjim08
Old 08-09-2008, 08:11 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks for the info guys. I actually took the stealth camera back and bought a IR Bushnell. It works great for me. For the price I couldnt beat it ($110). I went back and bought another one. The trigger speed is actually faster thanmy Moultrie and the flash is bright at a further distance also. I put the camera's side by side and ran a few tests myself. I havent had one whiteout while testing it and I used the IR in the dark, light, and semi-light. This camera seems to sense when it needs the flash and when it doesnt.Plus, you can set the times you want to use the regular flash and the IR.Even when it does use the IR during the semi-lightsettings, you can still see the picswell. Pics are not as clear as the Moultrie, but def good enough for me. Going to set them both up now.Hopefully I get some good pics!! Thanks again