Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Help with pictures >

Help with pictures

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Help with pictures

Old 08-07-2008, 12:30 PM

Default Help with pictures

I live an hour and a half from my deer camp. What can I put out besides corn that will keep deer coming back to the area. My camp does not allow feeders but you can put corn on the ground. After a week the corn is gone and the deer quit coming by regularly. What else could I put out to keep the deer coming by until I can get back to put out more corn?? Any suggestions would help. Thanks.

Matt
Old 08-08-2008, 01:04 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Help with pictures

Try to put out a mineral lick like a buck licker , with the corn .
Old 08-08-2008, 03:40 AM
Fork Horn

a food plot!
Old 08-08-2008, 04:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

1st choice is a food plot. if that cost too much and takes too much time, try a mineral lick
Old 08-08-2008, 04:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

Turkeypro,

I use a product called Lucky Buck. It comes in a white bucket and the product looks like red sand. I don't know what it is but the deer will dig in the ground to get at it long after the product is no longer visible on the ground. You can google the name of the product and find out where you can buy it in your area......Good Luck!

Pastorjim08
Old 08-08-2008, 07:22 AM

Hey guys thanks for the help! I would put in a food plot but there is no open area. I hunt in South Arkansas in some big hardwood bottoms. I will try the suggestions. Thanks for your help!! Hope to have some pics posted very soon!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Spike

I was in a similar situation with a camp what was over an hour away.

If you don't have the time for a food plot, or the area isn't right to support one, then load the spot up with mineral blocks. I've had great response from 'Deer Cocaine', Apple Blocks, and Sweet Acorn blocks.

I'll drop the blocks right on top of a corn pile. That helps the deer to find them, and once they know they are there, they will keep coming back.

I've seen deer come back to spots that I've put down the 'Deer Cocaine' from previous years, and lick and paw at the dirt. You will end up with a nice hole in the ground over time, and I just keep dropping the blocks in those holes.

We have also had good success out of trace mineral blocks and white salt blocks that are used for cattle. The trace mineral is probably better for rack development, but the deer seem to like the white salt blocks better for some reason. They always seem to get hit harder. These salt blocks for cattle are much more cost effective, and might be worth a look. They are big and last a long time.

Good luck.