Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 anyone have Moultrie 5.0 IR reviews????? >

anyone have Moultrie 5.0 IR reviews?????

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

anyone have Moultrie 5.0 IR reviews?????

Old 07-15-2008, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default anyone have Moultrie 5.0 IR reviews?????

I have been using a Moultri3 4.0 for the past 3-4 years and had pretty good luck and I'm in the market for a second camera. I have been reading decent reviews on the 1-40 and see ngood pics form the 1-60 however i haven't heard much of the Moultrie 5.0 Outfitter Camera with Infrared Flash which is the model I was contiplating getting. I was going to make hte jump to a cudde hoever I can't justify the 2 for 1 proce jump when I know the moultrie's get good performance. Anyone have a 5.0 IR and have some reviews?
Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: anyone have Moultrie 5.0 IR reviews?????

I just bought 2 from Cabela's and had a chance to view a couple of pics last Sunday. One was a 400lb. black bear that had messed up a Stealth Cam a few months earlier. The pics were great and the ease of operation is also great. The only thing I had to do was sew a cam buckle on the webbing to secure it to the tree, made it a lot easier then the plastic buckle it came with. I also screwed a eye bolt in the bottom where you mount it on a tree screw so I could lock it to the tree with a cable. I would recommend it. I'll try and post some pics later this month.
Old 07-16-2008, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks, Moultrie cams have a less than desireable mounting system the best thing I ever bought was the camera mount from Cabelas it take seconds to mount the camera anywhere and it levels up in a snap. I rigged up some bolting and cabling to run a snake lock through to deter theft which is a bonus as well. I look forward to seeing some pics.
Old 07-21-2008, 09:13 AM
Fork Horn

Well after looking at 764 images 3/4 of them had blurred deer. Called Moultrie and they told me that if the deer moves it will blur especially in IR mode. All the ones in the day were great, but IR mode SUCKS and the deer can sense the IR light!!!!!! I'm sending the two I have back to Cabela's and going to try the Moultrie M 6.0 flash.

Old 07-21-2008, 12:08 PM
Fork Horn

I have been running 7 Moultrie I-40's since last year. I upgraded the software last season when it came out and have not had 1 problem with any of them since.
I do not experience the blurred pictures seen above withany of my cameras, so it must be anissuewithin your camera itself.
Don't give up on the I-40 just yet. I find it to be the best camera for the moneyon the market today, and I have tried many of them. I average about 4 months per set of batteries at about 150 pictures a week on average, and picture quality is great.