Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie i-40 question >

Moultrie i-40 question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie i-40 question

Old 07-04-2008, 09:03 AM

Default Moultrie i-40 question

How do you guys handle viewing/downloading your pictures? I just got this camera and was hoping I could just swap SD cards each time I went into the field. And then download from the card. Or put the card in my digital picture camera to view.

But, the results of my experimenting with these thoughts were unsuccesful. I can't view the contents of the card except when I have the card in the moultrie camera. So, unless I take the moultrie out the field, I won't be able to view or download pictures?

Help!
Old 07-04-2008, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Moultrie i-40 question

I don't take my camera'a out of the field, I pull my cards and down load them immediately on my laptop. I have never had any trouble viewing them on the computer. I also use my personal digital camera to view before downloading or if there aren't many pic's to look at. My laptop won't read the cards through the card slot on the computer, I had purchased a card reader that will accept any memory card as my computer only has a SD slot and I have many cameras with different memory cards....The card reader works well and will accept any memory card and plugs into the USB port....I think it cost me$25-$30...Good luck with it
Old 07-04-2008, 09:18 AM

So you are saying that you can see the pictures from the SD card on your digital camera? I am wondering if it is the card that is causing me a problem. I have a printer that reads directly from memory cards and it wont read the moultrie pictures either. Hmmmm
Old 07-04-2008, 10:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe you are having problems with the card.....I read from my cards all the time....Originally I was planning on just switching the cards also but the laptop was just too easy, plus I didn't want to wait till I got home to see what was on them.....
Old 07-04-2008, 10:15 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Moultrie Digital Trail Camera that I'm always swapping out the SD cards and viewing them in my Kodak Digital Camera.Try checking the LH side of the SD card where there is a small knotch/slide that shows [> Lock] it could be pushed over into the Locked position and causing your problems?Some times the slide can break off and you'll have to put some clear tape over the spot...kinda like the little tab on a VCR tape to keep from erasing what was taped on it.I have nocticed when I try to view pictures from my Trail Camera on my Kodak Camera the pictures won't "ZOOM" in on the camera...and as a side note some times the Moultrie Camera will show "SD Card Locked" and you have to remove the card to see if the slide knotch has moved to "LOCK" positionand re-insert it or blow off the card and the inside on the trail camera where you insert it because of light dust causing the problem?
Old 07-04-2008, 01:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: kingfish51

How do you guys handle viewing/downloading your pictures? I just got this camera and was hoping I could just swap SD cards each time I went into the field. And then download from the card. Or put the card in my digital picture camera to view.

But, the results of my experimenting with these thoughts were unsuccesful. I can't view the contents of the card except when I have the card in the moultrie camera. So, unless I take the moultrie out the field, I won't be able to view or download pictures?

Help!

mine is the same way. i can't view the pic's in my Kodak digital camera. i can view them on my computer, so i just switch the card out and bring the other card home to check it.
Old 07-04-2008, 09:14 PM

Carry my laptop to the camera. it's only 80 yards from my parking spot.

Old 07-05-2008, 04:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: refross

Carry my laptop to the camera. it's only 80 yards from my parking spot.
my camera's are about 2 miles from my parking spot.
Old 07-05-2008, 01:54 PM
Spike

Did you download the pics onto your PC ? For some reason, depending on which trail cam my SD came from, the pics won't show up on the card reader viewer, BUT if you go ahead & download, the pics WILL show up on thepc just the same..... just like CamoCop said.
Old 07-06-2008, 04:53 PM
Spike

I go in, swap out the card and then stick the used card in my personal digital camera. Hook the camera up to the computer and voila'. Done. Repeat again next week or so.

Quick Reply: Moultrie i-40 question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.