Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 How often do you check your trail camera's? >

How often do you check your trail camera's?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

How often do you check your trail camera's?

Old 05-20-2008, 07:57 PM
Spike

Default RE: How often do you check your trail camera's?

I just bought a farm in Illinois and want to put cameras on it. Living in Georgia, I obviously can't check my cameras very often. I have checked out the SmartScouter camera and it looks like the answer to my problem. It takes images and sends them by cell phone signal to a server on the internet where you can view them. It will send images instantly or every 2, 4, 6, 12, or 24 hours. With the additional battery, it will run for 6 months before you have to go to the camera. The camera retails for $650 and the monthly fee for the phone line and web server averages $25 to $30. Not for everyone, but it works for me.

www.smartscouter.com

Old 05-21-2008, 06:18 AM
Typical Buck

Last year I started out with one cam and checked it every three or four days. Mine are strictly for trail useage, so I wanted a good area survey of what was happening and where, so I was constantly moving It.I have added more cams this year,and will rotate visits and stay out ofeach particular area for a longer period of time. I practice as much scent control as if I were actually hunting, and I think it helps some, although there is always somedisturbance, I am sure.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: JNTURK

out here we checked ours about once every two weeks...for our skiddish deer that was a bit too much...so this year we are thinking to leave them up for a month then check them......cannot put enough emphasis on keeping you as scent free as possible putting up cams and taking down..atleast IMO out here it makes a huge difference...
i agree on the scent free idea. however i hunt on public land where there are no food plots or feeders. so i have to go in and move camera's around to stay on the deer. i can't afford to leave a camera up in a spot for a month with no activity. so i go in every other week and check them and move camera's if need be.
Old 06-03-2008, 02:44 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 06-03-2008, 08:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

well i got out and checked mine. no bucks yet but i was very impressed with the amount of doe activity. where there's doe's, there's bucks.

every doe i have a picture of is either pregnant or has fawns with her. so far i do not have any night pic's, all the activity is in the middle of the day when our temp.'s are between 90 degrees and 104 degrees.
Old 06-04-2008, 08:26 AM

ONCE PER MONTH
Old 06-04-2008, 08:28 AM

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I just bought a farm in Illinois and want to put cameras on it. Living in Georgia, I obviously can't check my cameras very often. I have checked out the SmartScouter camera and it looks like the answer to my problem. It takes images and sends them by cell phone signal to a server on the internet where you can view them. It will send images instantly or every 2, 4, 6, 12, or 24 hours. With the additional battery, it will run for 6 months before you have to go to the camera. The camera retails for $650 and the monthly fee for the phone line and web server averages $25 to $30. Not for everyone, but it works for me.

www.smartscouter.com

THAT SMART SCOUTER HAS A SLOW TRIGGER TIME FOR 650 BIG ONES! AND MONTHLY FEES!
Old 06-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Typical Buck

i swap out the memory cards once a week. but i think my father has been sneaking down and checking the pictures every other day or so.
Old 06-07-2008, 01:49 PM

Once every 2-3 weeks now, Ill check them more often once season comes in...
Old 06-23-2008, 11:34 AM
Fork Horn

i check mine approx. once every three weeks. between the batteries going dead, and the anticipation of wanting to see what is on it, i can't wait any longer then that.

Quick Reply: How often do you check your trail camera's?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.