Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 wildview question >

wildview question

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

wildview question

Old 03-02-2008, 06:15 PM
Typical Buck

Default wildview question

how come when the batteries die on the wildviews the pictures get deleted from the memory cards? or does that happen with all cams
Old 03-02-2008, 09:07 PM

Default RE: wildview question

i have 4 wildviews and it doesn't do that on any of mine..... it just clears them from the internal memory, they should still be on the card...
Old 03-02-2008, 09:25 PM

I have 2 Wildview 4's and that does not happen to me.
Old 03-03-2008, 06:18 AM
Spike

you probably have your card locked where it wont save any pics on it. make sure the little tab on the left side of the sd card is pushed up
Old 03-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Typical Buck

it saves the pics i check em every week i switch cards everyweek but when the battery dies it does not have any pics at all i dunno
Old 03-03-2008, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

never had it happen with mine!
Old 03-03-2008, 10:19 PM

Wait a minute! Do you have one of the old cheap TGL1 Wildviews? If you have one below version 2, you have to remove the card before turning off the power or if it goes dead you would also loose the pics. The Wildview Xtreme 2,3,4 and 5 does not do that. If you have one of the newer ones send it back! My digital readout went bad on one of my xtreme 4's after the warranty was up and they sent me a new one.

http://www.wildviewcam.com/index.html

Old 03-04-2008, 02:55 PM

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

If you have one below version 2, you have to remove the card before turning off the power or if it goes dead you would also loose the pics.
That's a very bad idea.... if you take the card out before the unit is off you risk having the card locked and it essentially ruins the card.... You should turn it off before you remove the card. I had (one got stolen) two of the TGL1's and they never erased the pics from the card after being shut off.... it will clear the internal memory if the batteries are taken out though... if the camera is still under warranty i'd send it in to be looked at...
Old 03-04-2008, 05:05 PM

ORIGINAL: bpshorty_9

ORIGINAL: TimberCreek

If you have one below version 2, you have to remove the card before turning off the power or if it goes dead you would also loose the pics.
That's a very bad idea.... if you take the card out before the unit is off you risk having the card locked and it essentially ruins the card.... You should turn it off before you remove the card. I had (one got stolen) two of the TGL1's and they never erased the pics from the card after being shut off.... it will clear the internal memory if the batteries are taken out though... if the camera is still under warranty i'd send it in to be looked at...
Thats a bad idea? I guess I had a special one then! mine would clear the SD card if I turned it off before removing card. Over two years of use and it never "locked the card"? Did some research on internet and no evidence of removing an SDcard with power on causinglocked cards!
Old 03-04-2008, 07:16 PM
Fork Horn

yea well you probably don't have an sd card

when the battery dies, the internal battery can't be saved

maybe your battery dies before it takes any pictures?

use an external battery pack. i got a few 12v batteries for nothing (motorcycle batteries work great)

Quick Reply: wildview question

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.