Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

FEEDERS

Old 02-10-2008, 02:02 PM
Spike

Default FEEDERS

Hey guys I just got a feeder for valentines day from my lady haha. well anyways its a wildlife feeder thats a 30 gallon i think and its a analog timer on it. Well anyways it doesnt come with a tripod. Whats the best way to get these things up? Do I need to hang it on a branch or do I need to use a chain or whats the best way you guys have found out to get it out in the woods. 30 gallons of corn will be pretty heavy and it may be hard to find a branch big enough to hold it in the air. Can i buy a tripod ? Thanks for the help.

Old 02-10-2008, 02:32 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: FEEDERS

You can order a tripod kit from Moultriefeeders.com to install onto your feeder. You can also buy a hanging bracket from them as well I think. I use the tripod feeder but some folks like the hanging feeder better as it doesn't scare the deer as bad. But once they get used to the new feeder, it does,'t matter wheather it's hanging or tripoded. They will come to eat regularly. And you must have a very special lady to buy you a feeder. Mine won't even load mine anymore. LOL
BBO

Old 02-17-2008, 12:22 PM
Fork Horn

Sturdy branch, a pulley, and a boat crank, liketheone onthe Trailer for pulling your boat out of the water. Providing your on your own land!
Old 02-19-2008, 11:23 AM
Fork Horn

We like to use a tripod because the deer and other visitors will eventually dig a hole under the feeder. We can move the feeder from time to time and keep them out of the mud holes. I also had a tree limb break one time.

We also like to have a winch on the tripod so that we can lower the feeder to make filling much easier.

We use two Game Country tripods that we bought from Cabela's, which I believe no longer sells them. You can try gamecountry.biz but I've had trouble getting this site to load. You can also get the tripod with a feeder at The Sportsmans Guide. They are expensive but we've been real pleased through two years of use.

I've not used the Moultrie tripod but they looked a bit flimsier (is that a word) when I looked at them at Cabela's, but they are cheaper and may work just fine.
Old 02-19-2008, 01:01 PM

ORIGINAL: Snoogsdad

We like to use a tripod because the deer and other visitors will eventually dig a hole under the feeder. We can move the feeder from time to time and keep them out of the mud holes. I also had a tree limb break one time.

We also like to have a winch on the tripod so that we can lower the feeder to make filling much easier.

We use two Game Country tripods that we bought from Cabela's, which I believe no longer sells them. You can try gamecountry.biz but I've had trouble getting this site to load. You can also get the tripod with a feeder at The Sportsmans Guide. They are expensive but we've been real pleased through two years of use.

I've not used the Moultrie tripod but they looked a bit flimsier (is that a word) when I looked at them at Cabela's, but they are cheaper and may work just fine.
http://www.hunting.net/forum/tm.aspxm=2307019&mpage=2&key=&#2346819 HERE IS A PHOTO OF MY SET UPS. NO BRANCH NEEDED.