Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Longest Life?

Old 01-16-2008, 04:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Longest Life?

Maybe this ain't the place to ask, but I know a lot of you use trail cams. On average, how many pics/days do you get out of a battery(s)? I am nlooking to add a camera and I hate battery eaters. 3 to 4 Megapixels is all I need. I just want my battery(s) to last more than a week.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, LT
Old 01-16-2008, 05:07 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Longest Life?

I have the Moultrie no Flash. Got it in September. It has taken a ton of pics and still has the original set of batteries(6 D cells) in it. They claim you can get 6 months out of a set of batteries in these.
Old 01-16-2008, 05:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

What model is that jm? I would appreciate a pic if you got any.

Thanks, LT
Old 01-16-2008, 06:35 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a Moultrie (3.1???). I'm "guessing" I get 500 pics through mine (LOW estimate)....and the battery life (6V) is about 1 month.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

You might also want to post this under HI TECH HUNTING > TRAIL CAMS, but I bet you will see a lot more traffic in the BOWHUNTING forum.
Old 01-16-2008, 06:45 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the no flash cudde. In the warm months I can go 4 to 6 weeks depending on how many pictures, the biggest eater on batteries in these cuddes is when they take there video's. Longer the video the more battery your going to use up. In the cold months I don't care what camera brand you have, they will all eat up batteries. Changing batteries is simple, not a big deal or issue with me. Mega pixels are 3.0 during the day and 1.3 at night with the no flash cuddeback.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:05 AM

I HAVE TWO MOULTRIE I 40'S APPROX....3 MONTHS ON 6 D BAT. WELL OVER 1000 PHOTOS. I THINK I GOT 1700 THE FIRST THREE MONTHS I USED IT. I ALSO OWNED AN OLD STEALH. I WOULD GET ABOUT 5 DAYS ON 6 DOUBLE AA'S. IN THE TRASH NOW! I HAVE A BUDDY THAT HAS AN OLD MODEL FROM CUDDLEBACK. HE GETS ABOUT TWO MONTHS OUT OF HIS. FROM WHAT I'VE SEEN THE NEW MODELS FROM CUDDLE AREN'T MAKIN THE GRADE FOR THE MONEY. GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CAMERA PURCHASE.
Old 01-16-2008, 08:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

I have a Leaf River that when it still worked properly (no flash anymore) it would get 2-3000 pics on a set of batteries and last a good 3 months. I loved that camera when it worked, but unfortunately it really isn't too reliable anymore unless it's sitting over a pile of corn.

I have the new Moultrie D-40 as well that will take a good 500+ pics and last about 6 weeks on batteries. The trigger speed is pretty good on the Moultrie as well, I'd like to get a few more of these.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: LouisianaTomkat

What model is that jm? I would appreciate a pic if you got any.

Thanks, LT
it's the I 40, I'll post some pics when I get home.
Old 01-16-2008, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry I did not respond more earlier in the thread. Working nights and posted before going to sleep this morning. Thanks for all the info guys. I am leaning towards the Moultrie D40 or I40. These don't seem to break the bank an that means alot to me when leaving something in the woods for others to maybe "want".

jm, I will be looking for the pics.

Any more info will also be appreciated.

Thanks, LT

Quick Reply: Longest Life?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.