Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Is this a Pixie Bob? >

Is this a Pixie Bob?

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Is this a Pixie Bob?

Old 01-09-2008, 02:06 PM
Fork Horn

Default Is this a Pixie Bob?

We have heard people tell us they have seen Bobcats around our farm, all the time, and about 4or 5 years ago a guy killed one down the road about 2 miles. This year I saw this from treestand, and was convinced it was a bobcat, house cat mix. It is bigger than the picture makes it look. It is slightly bigger, than a full grown house cat. It has the exact same markings as a bobcat, but a longer tail. Tell me if you guys think its a Pixie Bob.

Old 01-09-2008, 06:43 PM

Default RE: Is this a Pixie Bob?

Man that sure does look like the markings of a bobcat. Very similiar. It does look like it has bigger paws than a house cat. I'm looking at my cat right now comparing the 2, and that picture you have there does look more like a bob than my cat does. The tail on that thing looks like a racoon tail! lol Its definetly shorter than my cats tail though! I don't know if all cats tails are the same length or not! haha So a mix of bob and house cats are called pixie bobs? Learn something everyday.
Old 01-09-2008, 07:04 PM

I typed pixie bob in google, and got a couple pics of them. I'd say that prolly is one. Some have shorter tails, and others have longer tails. Its just a trait they either get or don't. Heres the pics compare.

Old 01-09-2008, 07:06 PM

see how they have bigger paws, and more coloring of a bobcat?