Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Predator Evolution Trail Cam >

Predator Evolution Trail Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Predator Evolution Trail Cam

Old 10-31-2007, 02:20 PM

Default Predator Evolution Trail Cam

Anybody out there usea Predator Evolution as your trail camera? I want to use it for deer and tresspassers, how bright is the flash? Easy to spot at night?
Old 10-31-2007, 02:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Predator Evolution Trail Cam

The predator evolution is Infared so there is no flash. That is a fairly new camera and has the fastest trigger speed on the market. It's a higher priced cam. I think it goes for around $450.00

I am going to buy one next year to see how they are. Reviews from Cabela's look great!

If you wanted to get trespassers I would get a cheaper camera with infared just in case they steal it.
Old 10-31-2007, 03:05 PM

You right it is infared but their still isa red glow, just not sure how easy it will be for people to see. I just bought it from Cabela's. Reviews looked great and the guys working gave it a great review. Going to get itin a treethis week. I've got a couple of cheap ones but I wanted something that can get folks at night and not tip them off there is a camera. Going to insure it in case it gets stolen. Anybody seen one in action at night?
Old 11-02-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

We have been testing a Predator for a month now. The picture quality is poor, especially for the price you pay. The rest of the features are not bad, but I just can't get over how bad the pictures are for over $400.

I got a picture of a fox last week, at least I was pretty sure it was a fox. That is the problem. You might get the one picture of the animal or trespasser you are looking for but you might not be able to tell anything about it.

As others have said there is no flash but there is infrared light. I walked past my Predator in the woods and could barely see the light. It is on for a very short time and not very bright.

You can visit our website listed in the signature below if you would like to read the entire review and see some sample pictures.
Old 11-03-2007, 09:31 AM

Awesome webesite, thanks John.
Old 11-03-2007, 06:27 PM
Typical Buck

whts up noah..we just talked about that cam
Old 11-05-2007, 08:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hey todd,

Yeah I know this guy that lives close to me and he sold like 10 camears of the predators and he says that everyone who has them loves them. Trigger speed is ungodly fast. That guy with the website writing the reviews dosen't know what he is talking about. He gives cuddbacks a C and says that batteries last 1-2 weeks. Well I finally put new batteries in mine and I had them out since June of 07. That's like 5 months. Those are terrible reviews.
Old 11-05-2007, 02:10 PM
Spike

I'm pretty happy with the Predator so far. I can't say anything about the still picture quality of the Predator because I'm happy with the video quality. Here's what I have so far:

http://s237.photobucket.com/albums/f...t=5230e60d.pbr

Randy
Old 11-06-2007, 12:03 PM
Fork Horn

"That guy with the website writing reviews dosen't(sic) know what he is talking about"

You sound like my wife!!

I just write it up like I see it and as they perform. Some of the information is subjective and other information is based on how the cameras/batteries perform and these things I can't change.

To set the record straight, the alkaline batteries in my Cuddeback Expert lasted for four weeks. The rechargeable batteries are lasting one to two weeks.

Let me know if you would ever like to stop by and take a look at my testing. It is hard to put months or years of experience with a camera into words. If you could see the thousands of pictures I have from over 20+ cameras and see for yourself how user friendly or not user friendly some of the cameras are I'm not so sure you opinions of these cameras would differ much from mine.

I didn't talk to someone who talked to someone. I use these camaras year-round if they will hold up to that kind of use. If I haven't used a camera I will not make a difinitive statement about it.
Old 11-06-2007, 02:32 PM
Fork Horn

Who cares how many months somethings been out. How many pics on that set of batteries is what matters.

The longest I will go between camera checks is 1 month. And those cams are miles into basins on elk wallows or something.
If two AAs fills up a 2 gb card, then that is all I need.

Quick Reply: Predator Evolution Trail Cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.