Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 moultrie cams not come with a computer connection?? >

moultrie cams not come with a computer connection??

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie cams not come with a computer connection??

Old 10-23-2007, 07:03 PM
Fork Horn

Default moultrie cams not come with a computer connection??

didnt notice this till after i had it opended and set up, just wondering where you can buy these, looks like it takes a special usb connection. i bought the cam from walmart.
Old 10-23-2007, 07:15 PM

Default RE: moultrie cams not come with a computer connection??

I realized this too. Luckily I had an external hard drive that had the same connection. Look at some of your computer wires such as your printer, its a common connection you might have one. If not Im sure you can find one at circuit city, best buy, radio shack etc.

The only thing I dont like about the camera is you cant transfer the images from the camera to the SD card, I brought my laptop into the woods last week. Besides that, awesome camera
Old 10-23-2007, 08:11 PM
Spike

I actually called Moltrie today about this same issue and they confirmed that the camera did not come with the cord. The help desk lady told me that you could order the cord from them for $7.99 + tax+shipping, Or you can buy them from Wally-World (probably cheaper).
Old 10-23-2007, 08:33 PM
Nontypical Buck

storing the images on the camera is not a good way of going about it. Pick up two sd cards and just swap them out every time. You'll also need a sd card reader but most computers come with them these days. sd cards are getting pretty cheap (under $20) and can hold several hundred pictures.
Old 10-24-2007, 05:56 AM

better yet, throw the moultrie in the garbage and pick up a cuddeback.
Old 10-24-2007, 07:36 AM

heavy hitter,why do you keep downing moultrie?The cuddeback cams have a lot of problems also.I don't think one Is any better than the other,they both have a lot of bugs to work out of there cam's.I have friends that have bought cudde and right out of the box they wouldn't work,and have also seen this with moultrie.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

My Moultrie works great and I didn't have to spend $300 or more to get it! My cam also came with the cable you are needing and you should be able to get one at circuit city or wal-mart. Also, check ebay...it is great for things like this and also check ebay for memory cards...much cheaper than the stores!! Get two of them and swap them out as another member mentioned...that is what I do and works great and you don't have to mess with carrying the laptop into the woods as I use to do!!
Old 10-26-2007, 09:36 AM

ORIGINAL: heavy hitter

better yet, throw the moultrie in the garbage and pick up a cuddeback.
I think you have that backwards, throw the cuddeback in the garbage and buy another moultrie.

My family has had cam trackers, deer cams, stealth cams, cuddeback, cuddeback excite, moutlrie, you name it.

Cuddeback is BY FAR the worst camera when it comes to reliability. We have had so many problems but they do fix them for cheap.

I bought a $100reliable camera for $100 that takes pictures just as well as cuddeback.

You bought a $100 camera for $400 that is an unreliable POS. Fact.

If your into spending a lot of money then thats different.
Old 10-26-2007, 09:58 AM
Spike

i went to wal mart and got a regular USB cable for mine, and it works great
Old 10-26-2007, 09:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Check your USB from your printer, i have a HP printer and it plugged right into my moultrie.

Quick Reply: moultrie cams not come with a computer connection??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.