Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Reconyx Trail Cam >

Reconyx Trail Cam

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Reconyx Trail Cam

Old 10-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default Reconyx Trail Cam

Has anybody tried one of these cameras? I had a guy show me some of the pictures he got off of his. The quality is great. He said he sold all his Cuddeback cameras, and bought four of these, because they work so much better. I am actually interested in the one that takes black and white pics, both day and night. It is only a 1.3 picture, so I was wondering how they look. The pics I saw were from the 3.1 setup.
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 AM

Default RE: Reconyx Trail Cam

i can't imagine how anything could work better than my cuddeback...
Old 10-17-2007, 06:06 AM

tell your freind to buy back his cuddebacks as soon as he can.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

I have a Reconyx 1.3 camera for months but I just startedusing with it. It does only take black and white pictures, either day or night, the neat thing about is that you can set the camera's parameters though the compact flash. You retain the flexibility of setting the sensitivity of the trigger, trigger speed, range etc, contrast,light and darkness, time between triggers, number of pictures in a trigger etc etc, something that other camera's dont offer.not even the mighty Cuddeback.

Thespeed amazes me of this thing, I have been setting mine up to take 10 pictures with 30 seconds between triggers and what I get is it takes between 2 and 3 seconds tosnap 10 pictures, day or night with the infrared. As a pure trail camera it cant be beat, any game camera can take pictures of a deer standing 10 feet standing there forawhile maybe making a scape or chomping on a bait.

The down side of the 1.3 Reconyx is that the picture quaility isnt as good as a 3,4,6 MP and it's price is greater but other than that it's a dandy.
I'll try to post some pictures but need to switch computers because I am not going to upload 20 pictures in a sequence.
Old 10-17-2007, 09:12 PM
Fork Horn

DoubleA,

That is what I have heard. I realized the picture qualitity won't be as good with the 1.3, but they still look pretty good and I think the other features will make up for it. I am not looking for pictures I can put in a magazine, all I need to see is what kind of deer I have roaming around. I have a cuddeback now and it is kind of hit and miss lately. I have already had to have a new control panel or something put on it, because it wouldn't take any pictures.