Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Moultrie IR 40 Problem >

Moultrie IR 40 Problem

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Moultrie IR 40 Problem

Old 07-25-2007, 07:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Moultrie IR 40 Problem

I just set up my new Moultrie IR40 Camera for a test run here at home. Had 35 daytime pictures, 31 of them total white. The 4 good ones were real good. Anybody know anything about this?
Old 07-26-2007, 01:05 AM

Default RE: Moultrie IR 40 Problem

i know you got a problem[:@]so do i but not as bad as yours mt time keeps on falling behind..good luck best that you call moultrie
Old 07-26-2007, 09:09 AM
Spike

Rtread.... where about did you have your cam placed ? Was it a sunny area or shady ? Personally, I don't think it should matter, but, there are others who are saying it does. My I60 has the whitout issue as well, but most of my pics...day time as well, are in IR, down in the woods.
Old 07-26-2007, 10:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Some people are having more issues with the whiteouts than others but I heard someone spoke to a Moultrie rep and said the fix is almost done. They are testing it as we speak and it should be ready in two weeks on Moultrie's website.

Old 07-27-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

My camera was placed in a shaded area (porch) and it was a day with both overcast and sunny conditions. I just saw my email was answered by the Moultrie rep and I need to call her this morning....I'll post what I find out. Thanks!
Old 07-27-2007, 07:39 AM

I HAVE THE I40......I GET 95% IR PHOTO'S...EVEN DURING THE DAYTIME...MOULTRIE IS SUPPOSED TO HAVE THE PROBLEM FIXED WITH FILMWARE THAT IS .....HOPEFULLY RELEASED IN LATE AUGUST.....THE CAMERAS REQUIRE AT LEAST FOR NOW A SUNNY AREA.

ALWAYS...... GOOD HUNTING
Old 07-27-2007, 09:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

I GET 95% IR PHOTO'S
but most of my pics...day time as well, are in IR,
Please excuse my ignorance but how do you know how many are IR photos and how many not....how can you tell after the fact. (I'm new with this camera) thx

Old 07-27-2007, 12:06 PM
Spike

How can we tell from after the fact ? By looking at em....lol. Sorry, I couldn't resist, but..... on thepic counter on the cam screen itself, it will tell you how many pics were taken. Also, when you pull the SD card & download the pics, you'll see as well how many pics you have & then see how many are color, whiteout & IR.
Old 07-27-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I talked to the Moultrie rep....lengthy talk, she said basically what others have said here....they are aware of the whiteout problem, it's mainly due to pics being taken in shady area/cloudy day....they are working on a fix and watch their website in about a month for instructions to download the fix to your camera.

She also said something may be in front of the camera moving (leaf, branch, etc.) causing some of the whiteout problem. That is possible, lot of foliage in the area. But, the movement issue is an IR problem and the IR shouldn't be operating during the middle of the day.

At this point I'm ok with their sincerity in doing something about this and will wait it out. If it looks like no fix is forthcoming within a reasonable time, I'm taking it back for a refund. Thanks all.
Old 07-28-2007, 07:58 PM

hmm.ok...excuse my ignorance

my moultrie uses IR to detect heat in roder to trigger the camera...... if the photocell senses that there isnt enough light it will use the Flash.... now sometimes if the flash is triggered during the day i will get a slight whiteout..... but usully its pretty good.... all my pics are in color as well..... day or night

Quick Reply: Moultrie IR 40 Problem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.