Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Primos Silent Image...All that it's chalked up to be??? >

Primos Silent Image...All that it's chalked up to be???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Primos Silent Image...All that it's chalked up to be???

Old 07-23-2007, 01:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Primos Silent Image...All that it's chalked up to be???

Just moved this from the bowhunting forum...

Does anyone have any experience with the Primos Silent Image?

Other than the price, which I feel is ridiculous(799.00). I've read and heard some awesome reviews about it. I want to just bite the bullet and buy one, but am having trouble justifying it, plus I'm a littleworried about theft.

This is the part that got me..........

NearVideo™ captures images at up to five frames per second, or set the still mode for any rate you desire. InstaOn™ gives the camera a trigger response time of less than 1/10 of a second with a PIR motion-sensing range up to 100 ft.
[/align]
Another question:

Do all of the trail cams which claim to take night pics WITHOUT using a white flash.....use an infra-red flash? Apparantly the game can't detect it but is very visable to the human eye.

I've been through many trail cams which have a white flash and I'm definately not interrested in them any more. I've considered buying the new Moultree IR being I have 3 moultree cams now and am pretty familiar with how they are used. It's pretty hard to beat that price too.

On the other hand I trying to muster up the courage to take this thing to another level......the Primos Silent Image. The sales pitch video is non the less convincing, but I haven't heard of anyone on this board using one.
Old 07-23-2007, 03:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Primos Silent Image...All that it's chalked up to be???

sorry haven't used the primos model. but if you are going to look at high end units you should consider the buckeye. I think it's even more then the primos, but I thought I heard they are coming out w/ a cheaper model.

anyway, if you get the silent image be sure to post some pics and give us your feedback.
Old 07-23-2007, 07:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here'sthe sales pitch...

http://www.silent-image.com/video/view.php?mode=2
Old 07-23-2007, 09:14 PM
Typical Buck

Yah I know it is hard to justify I have even considered myself and went with the moultrie i40 and happy with it. The ir is not visible to the human eye but when it powers up and does it's thing for a second there is a big red light on the camera on the flash bulb glowing. If you decide to get the primos let us know everything about it .