Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 wildview night pics??? >

wildview night pics???

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

wildview night pics???

Old 06-26-2007, 07:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default wildview night pics???

wildview 2.0 - wal mart $50 -mine does not take very good night pics, you can barely see the deer, i might exchange it if they come out the same way this time, does everyone else get decent night pics?
Old 06-26-2007, 12:53 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: wildview night pics???

I get great pics. You may need to put it somewhere where the deer will be closer, like over a small bait pile. Often I only get eyes or a really dark body because the flash isn't as strong as the flash. It's a great value nonetheless.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:48 PM
Nontypical Buck

are you sure you have the wildview 2.0? I've never seen the 2.0model sold at walmart. the version sold at walmart that I've seen is the .3 megapixel and it was about $50.the .3has a much smaller flash then the wildview 2. Ialso have a wildview II which is a 2 megapixel camera with the small flash and it was horrible at night pics, sort of like what you are describing.

I guess if you do have one ofthe small flashversions I would return it. You can get deals on the wildview 2.0, and 3.0 now that the 4 and 5 are coming out. I just purchased a 4 and I'm going to check the camera tonight for the first time!
Old 06-26-2007, 10:33 PM

I have a 2.0 and I really like it...double check all of your settings and make sure they are how you want them.
Can't find a better pic for the money.
Old 06-26-2007, 11:09 PM

The deer are fairly close in the pic but I'd say it's still decent quality. From a Wildview v2

Old 06-27-2007, 06:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

I also have the wildview camera and I have alot of trouble with it and I have already exchanged it once. It takes great daytime pics but the night ones are not that great unless the deer are super close. But like you said its pretty decent for the price you paid for the camera.
Old 06-27-2007, 08:24 AM
Typical Buck

yep - that is the quality I am talking about, the quality is good, but the flash could be much brighter- i guess it is normal - so i should not take it back? the only thing I don't like is the fact that the deer have to be super close at night to see the details of the rack.
Old 06-27-2007, 10:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

redramtough & portable ladder - are you sure you are using a current wildview model? the picture of the 2 deer doesn't have a date/time stamp and only the old .3 megapixel camera (with the really weak flash) doesn't have a date/time stamp.

My flash on my wildviews are a lot better then the picture above. Keep in mind the .3 and wildview extreme II have a very very weak flash.

It's hard to explain but you can tell if you have a weak flash model. look through the glass window in the case where you can see the flash. Does the flash take up the whole window? if it does then you have the big flash. If it doesn't then you have one of the worthless small flash models. I can see deer probably 25 feet from my camera in the dead of night. When I get home I'll post a couple pics
Old 06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Typical Buck

mine does not stamp the date and time either.....i think mine is a wildview extreme II, do any of the extreme II's have a good flash, i just bought it a month ago, maybe I can exchange for one with a better flash?
Old 06-27-2007, 02:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Portable Ladder - I'm 99.99% sure you have the .3 megapixel camera with the really weak flash. If you paid somewhere between $50 and $80 it's probably the .3.

Just within the last couple weeks the new 4 megapixel started showing up in stores and is driving the price down on the other models. I'd return it for the wildview extreme 2 (important that it's the number and not roman numeral II), 3, or 4.

Although this pic is not great, it shows what the flash range is on the current models. Much better then the pic above

Quick Reply: wildview night pics???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.