Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 moultrie i40 going back to factory! >

moultrie i40 going back to factory!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie i40 going back to factory!

Old 06-22-2007, 04:22 PM
Typical Buck

Default moultrie i40 going back to factory!

Been working very good for over 2 wks over 100pics and some video, very fast trigger speed good quality photos was very happy until I went to check it the other day and it wont take a photo so I looked at the lens and it is stuck in the setup mode, can scroll through setting options but the mode button does not do anything, tried restting it unplugging batteries ect. Going back to factory!
Old 06-23-2007, 01:47 PM
Spike

Default RE: moultrie i40 going back to factory!

I can top that. I finally received my I 60 last week & as I was playing around with it, I realized all the pics were in IR. The IR filter was stuck & therefore, no color pics. GRRRRRRR ... I had to pack it back up the same day I got it. I still think this is gonna be a good cam & the I 40 as well, but as new as these cams are.... time will tell.
Old 06-26-2007, 12:34 PM

Got my I 40 Friday and tomorrow it goes back because the filter is stuck. hard to tell how it works if it doesn't work right!!!

mikell
Old 06-27-2007, 07:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Oh the joys of being the first to try out new technology! As stated by another, I think these cameras will be awesome once a few of the bugs get worked out!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:24 PM
Typical Buck

My new one should be comeing here soon in the future. I am kind of scared that mine will end up the same as the other one, or like your guys and filter sticks.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:27 PM

patchholder did you have color daylight pictures, and was it set in direct sunlight for the color? did you ever have a daylight picture and it wasnt in color? like i said i checked mine last night and it took a picture of myself it was shaded but not dark and it came out black and white. does that seem odd or does it sound normal?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I had lots of daytime color photos, I did have a couple of IR shots in daytime but it was early in the morning and it was probably a little low light. When it did those shots I had it in 2 shot mode and the second pic was always color, like it maybe had a hard time figuring out whether to use the ir or not. Both photos were perfectly visible. They were not in direct sunlight, I try to keep them out of direct sunlight or in a area where the sun will be on them for only a couple hours at the most. I had a bad experence with a black gamespy 100 in direct sunlight and the i40 is also black.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:51 PM

what bad experience did you have with game spy 100? you seem to be the moultrie man. thanks for all the input, i hope your new camera will work right. the i40 is the first moultrie ive owned. ive got 2 wildview digitals,1 camtrakker, and 2 nontypical dc 300 film cameras. ill keep you posted on my i40 gonna check it tomorrow. once again thanks for all the input.
Old 06-29-2007, 05:37 PM
Typical Buck

I was'nt thinkin enough at the time or was just to inexperienced with trail cams at the time and I put it out on a field edge to where the sun could beat down on it all day long, and being completely black it got so hot that it fried the rechargeable 6 volt battery inside and the screen went black and the camerea stunk. After bringing it in and letting it cool down and replaceing the battery it was up and running again and I still use it today. That's why I try to keep all my cameras out of direct sunlight for too long and place them in the shaded areas or where trees block most of the sun and the sun only hits the camerea for part of the day.
Old 07-02-2007, 04:54 AM

Mike went back Friday the 29th so we'll see how long it takes. I only had 1 color video anything else was in B&W. It was the first video I tried that was color. Sounds like a software issue but I hope they get it fixed right. Will let ya know what happens when I get it back

mikell

Quick Reply: moultrie i40 going back to factory!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.