Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Cuddeback Excite or Expert >

Cuddeback Excite or Expert

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Cuddeback Excite or Expert

Old 06-12-2007, 08:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Cuddeback Excite or Expert

ORIGINAL: Greenbay

I am thinking of buying a Cuddeback but was wondering if the Excite is a good camera or if I should go with the Expert.
Has anybody answered his question yet?

You did try to talk him out of spending money on a good mid priced cam in exchange for a cheaper, slower, lower image quality $100 cam though!
Old 06-12-2007, 08:50 PM

I'll answer that Cornfed..... I would definetly go with the Expert simply because of the better features and better camera. I have some pics on my computer from my buddies Expert and they are amazing to say the least.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

Has anybody answered his question yet?

You did try to talk him out of spending money on a good mid priced cam in exchange for a cheaper, slower, lower image quality $100 cam though!
Sounds like you are taking tis rather personally??? Why yell at us and get all bent up for stating our opinions and trying to help. Do you have stock in Cuddeback? Why don't you address the topic of poor engineering and leakage? Must be the guys at Chasinggame are off base??? Wildview 3 pics aren't too aweful bad, are they??
Old 06-13-2007, 07:07 AM
Spike

Thanks for the help on everything guys!!!

I do want to hear if they are design, technical or other problems with any certain brand or model of cameras. When I do decide on a camera I want to make sure it is what I want without any surprises. I will be P.Oed if I spend good money on a camera that does have water leaking into the camera due to poor design or a camera that has a slow trigger speed and all or most of my pics are of nothing but trees, etc. So please by all means tell me the good and bad. I thought I may be purchasing a Cuddeback when I posted this questing but after reading reviews and hearing some issues with the Cuddeback I am thinking more along the lines of a Wildview or even possibly the New Moultrie I40 (see my other posting...you will know by the title).

Thanks again!!
Old 06-13-2007, 08:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: doughboysigep

Why yell at us and get all bent up for stating our opinions and trying to help.

Wildview 3 pics aren't too aweful bad, are they??
There's no BOLD type and notice the smiley gremlin at the end of my post,.... that certainly isn't yelling, only questioning your reasoning.I am having trouble with you high jacking the thread and trying to pump a cam that , as your images clearly show, is NOWHERE near the same class of trail cam??? I mean, honesrtly, you're comparing a bicycle to a truck here! LOL!

Feature for feature, as I've mentioned above, isn't even comparable in ANY way, shape or form! Also, this forum is filled with exceptional images from Cuddebacks, you must have misseed them all?You make it sound as if they are junk cameras??? I have several trail cams including 2 of the Cuddeback Experts and they have been awesome cams having spent everyday in the woods sincelast July. Still not leaking or malfunctioning in anyway.[&:]

I'm wondering what interest do you have in pumping the cheap Wildview.... especially on a Cudde thread??? Just doesn't make since to me,unless you're a Wildview "staffer"?

Good luck with whatever cam you choose
Old 06-13-2007, 11:56 AM

When the new Cuddebacks came out they did have some slight problems that I believe have been entirely tweaked out. IMO, the Cuddeback C3000 is the way to go. Pretty much the same thing as the expert except it doesn't have a glass lens cover like the Expert.

As far as features go, the Cuddeback's will blow away the Moultrie, Wildview, and Stealth Cams in every aspect except price. The Cuddebacks have a very fast trigger speed which the Moultrie, Wildview, and Stealth Cam's just can't compete with. This is one of, if not the biggest selling point for the Cuddeback. Trust me, people are constantly saying things like "Well, my Moultrie has a slower trigger time but I just put out some corn and that keeps the deer there".....yeah, it works, but it will do nothing to help with patterning that big buck when hunting season rolls around. Set the camera up on a trail without any bait and more than likely they aren't going to capture the deer on camera where as the Cuddeback will.

Battery life is another huge selling point for the Cuddeback. I constantly hear people bragging about the Moultrie, Wildview, and Stealth Cam's battery life, but after having used cameras from all three companies I honestly cannot see why. The battery life of these units is bad compared to the Cuddeback. The Cuddeback can capture more than 1,000 images on one set of batteries, with the other units mentioned above, you are lucky to get 200 pics off a set of batteries. I constantly hear people brag up the battery life of the Moultries, talking about getting thousands of pictures of a set of batteries and I gotta pull the B.S. card on that one. I have used roughly 6 different Moultrie digital cameras and like I mentioned above, 200 pics was about the max that we could get out of them before the batteries died.

Image quality during the day may not be a big differance, the thing where the Cuddeback shines is with night pictures, the flash is so much better and the Cuddeback will keep the correct color where as the other cheaper cameras won't have the same color quality.

Another thing that I have noticed that I don't believe I have seen mentioned is picture quality with moving animals. I have got many pics from the cheaper digital cameras of deer that were walking that were so blurry you could barely tell if it was a buck or a doe, let alone tell how many points a buck had. The Cuddeback seems much better for capturing moving images without them being so blurry, I believe the Cuddeback has a faster shutter speed.

I put my Cuddeback out just a little over a week ago set-up over my feeder, I left the sensor on the high setting so I was capturing birds, squirrels, groundhogs, raccoons, and deer. In the past week I have got roughly 350 pictures with the unit. When I set- it upI installed new batteries (Energizer's) so the battery level read 4 (4 is the highest), well, I checked it this morning and had another 39 pictures and my battery life was finally at 3. Thats right, I got between 350-400 pictures and the battery's are still at about 75%.

I am in no way affilated with Cuddeback, I am simply a guy that has grown a passion for game cameras that rivals my passion for actually hunting (I guess game cameras are alot like hunting). I have put so many units through their paces and in all honesty, the Cuddeback has far surpassed every other digital unit that I have used. As far as picture quality goes, here are just a few pics from this past week....

Old 06-13-2007, 05:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: IL-Cornfed

I'm wondering what interest do you have in pumping the cheap Wildview.... especially on a Cudde thread??? Just doesn't make since to me,unless you're a Wildview "staffer"?

On the contrary. If you read my original post, I said I have an Excite (and an older 3.0 MP Cuddeback). Never bashed them except to say they have some engineering flaws. For the price they charge, they should be better than they are (engineering-wise). Picture, trigger, & battery life is exceptional. I have always asked myself, "why did they change from the older models???" They were better (better battery life anyway, similar picture quality and trigger, and no engineering flaws). Simple answer, they wanted to be able to charge more! Capitalism at it best, so they rushed out a product that was inferior to the previous models. The new Cuddebacks are good, just in my opinion they are not $400+ good.

I don't think the WV pics are all that bad. People have to ask themselves is, isthe pic quality difference worth $300? (yes trigger speed is also better - is the 4-6 sec. worth $300??). I would not hesitate to buy another older 3.0 MP Cudderback, but wouldn't think of buying another newer Cudde. However, I did just buy another WV (Extreme 4) today for $100. Oh no, I have "hijacked" the thread again. Shame on me for telling my experience and point of view and clouding the poor fellow's mind that had a question on Cuddebacks with input on other cams & options.
Old 06-13-2007, 05:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

and here are some of my Cuddeback Excite pics. you be the judge if the quality is worth $300.

Old 06-13-2007, 05:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

another

Old 06-13-2007, 08:14 PM
Spike

I appreciate ALL of the info guys...although I have to admit I am getting confused even more so now......Wildview, Moultrie, Cuddeback, ??????? I guess I will have to continue to keep an eye on all of the threads here and continue to read any updated reviews.

Thanks again!!

Quick Reply: Cuddeback Excite or Expert

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.