Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

trail cam

Old 05-31-2007, 05:12 PM

Default trail cam

I USED MY TRAIL CAM FOR THE FIRST TIME LAST YEAR.GOT PICS OF ALOT OF DOES.GOT SOME OF A BUCK WITH A MESSED UP RACK.AND A FEW PICS OF A WALL HANGER.MY TRAIL CAM HAS A FLASH.DURING HUNTING SEASON I SAW ALL OF THE DEER EXCEPT THE WALL HANGER.MY FRIENDS TELL ME I RAN HIM OFF BECAUSE OF THE FLASH.WHAT DO YOU ALL THINK.I DID SEE THE BUCK ON THE LAST DAY OF BOW SEASON.SO HE MADE IT THROUGH HUNTING SEASON.THANK YOU.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: trail cam

No he is more than likely still there. You have to remember when you take out your camera you are spreading human scent around the camera and a mature buck really don't like human scent.
Old 05-31-2007, 08:12 PM
Typical Buck

i have never had the flash spook any of teh deer around my hunting areas,sent has done it though
Old 06-01-2007, 01:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

watching my camera go off form my treestand ive seen all different things... few does that came in spooky soon as it went off they were gone....some when it went off they would buckle down look around the relax.....some never paid a bit of attention to it.... guess depends on how there days goin so far..lol
Old 06-01-2007, 04:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had a buck visiting a scrape tree an I got his pic one time. The pic occured at 0530 one morning. The buck never came back again, I moved the camera an I never take night time pics now. I have had pics of other smaller deer that the flash seem like it did not bother them much at all.
Old 06-01-2007, 08:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

We haven takenlots ofcamera picksflashing a lot of big bucks and they still came back throughout the season. I don't think there has been anyscientific tests to really find out howbucksreally react. But, to say the least, I am still interested in Moultrie'snew IR camera.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

I don't think the flash spooks them. We got a ton of pictures of a very nice buck last summer, all of them were at night. Only 1 pic of him in the daylight at 630 AM in the middle of July.. June and July was the only time we got picks of him.
All the other pictures we got of him all had the flash go off.Each pic he stuck around to get multiple pics of him.
I am also looking forward to seeing what the IR camera can do. I hope to get that out next weekend.
PS. We still haven't see that big boy since the pics from July 06.
Old 06-01-2007, 11:38 AM

flash doesn't bother them
Old 06-01-2007, 08:40 PM
Typical Buck

I have seen flash kind of annoy them to where they will purposely avoid the camera I have found out that it is human scent the most and since I have been takeing more prcaution such as rubber boots and cover scent I have doubled or even tripled the amount of buck pics.
Old 06-02-2007, 04:04 PM
Fork Horn

Personally I don't think the flash bothers them to the point that they will completely change their patterns.

I talked to a wildlife biologist about this issue and he told me about a couple of studies that where those involved determined that the flash did not spook them to a great extent. In other words, some deer would jump but once they found that realized that they weren't hurt then they would relax. This is the same thing I've seen while hunting near them.

On a few occasions I've captured more than one flash photo of a bedded deer. Obviously it didn't bother them enough to even get up.

We get a lot of pictures of buck throughout the year and have noticed that we will get single pictures of bucks or maybe just a couple of a particular buck. I've grown to believe that these are bucks that are traveling or we are just on the fringe of their territory.

Quick Reply: trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.