Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Battery Life

Old 05-31-2007, 07:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Battery Life

hey guys, i have a Moultrie Game Spy 100 2.1 Megapixeland my uncle has a Moultrie Game Spy 200 3.1 Megapixel Digital Game Camerathat we use on our ranch. i cant seem to keep the battery to last more than 24 hours on eathier one of them. i use a regular 6 volt duracell. any ideas on what might be be causing them to go dead so quickly. i am about to throw them in the pond and just go buy a dang cuddyback.
Old 05-31-2007, 05:25 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Battery Life

Word of advice, get the rechargable batteries and the solar panel, i havnt charged my moultrie in over 3 monthes now and the batteries always full.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree, I have gotten months of life from the rechargeables from BassPro.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:33 PM
Typical Buck

Yes I agree with the rechargeable idea, keep in mind to watch what the camera reads in battery life I just put brand new batteries in mind right from the package and they read only 85%.
Old 06-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys obviously never read the mans thread! He says he has cams that are eating up a 6V battery in only 24 HOURS!!! I'd say something is obviously very wrong. My best guess is that the units have some sort of short in 'em. I've had a trailcamthat did that once and sent it in for repair and have had no problems since. Contact Moultrie before wasting money on any rechargables?
Old 06-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Typical Buck

They must have a problem, it is kind of strange that they both have this issue at the same time however and I have never read or heard anything about this kind of problem with the moultries. On my moultries honestly I counld'nt keep a regular battery in there for much longer.
Old 06-03-2007, 11:00 PM

That does seem a little short for battery life, but how many pics is it taking? Are they mostly night time pics? I have a Moultrie and that big flash eats a battery in no time. I set mine out a coulpe weeks ago and in about 5 days it took 95 pics mostly at night and when I checked it, the battery was low. I didn't have my rechargable in there at the time but I do now, along with a solar panel. I'll be checking it this week sometime to see how it did. Try calling Moultrie customer service, they are very good to deal with, maybe they can help you out. (800) 653-3334

TXMM
Old 06-04-2007, 02:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

IL-Cornfed,

I read the thread, my camera used to do the same thing until i got my solar panel and it is now fine. If it is true that wires were shorting out then i must have offset the problem with the solar panel becouse my battery hasnt run dead since.
Old 06-05-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Either something is wrong with the camera or something is wrong with the batteries you are using.

I have a Moultrie that has been out for over 3 months and the battery is showing to be at 99%. It has taken well over 1,000 pictures in that time. I use the rechargeable 6V lantern battery from Moultrie and a solar panel on it. A while back I switched the solar panel to a different camera for a few weeks and it took 400 pictures and the battery dropped to 85%. Put the solar panel back on and it climbed back to 99%.
Old 06-05-2007, 12:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

the camera literaly last only one night and it takes about 15 pics. im have a solar panal for one of them i am going to go and put on this weekend.

Quick Reply: Battery Life

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.