Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 What to buy ????? >

What to buy ?????

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

What to buy ?????

Old 05-30-2007, 09:23 PM
Spike

Default What to buy ?????

I have read about camers until I am blue in the face . If you had $600 to spend what would you buy. I am thinking about two of the cheaper cameras and a better one. Like 2 for $150 and one $300 . The cheaper to put where I am worried about them being stolen and one for where I feel it will be safe . Was thinking about two of the Wildeview Extreme 5 and maybe a Cuddeback Excite . Any siggestions ?? Thank You !!
Old 06-01-2007, 08:13 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: What to buy ?????

Personelly i would buy as many moultrie cameras as i could. They are not the best in the world but i have had really good luck with mine (1000 + pics) and they are pretty cheap. I have a 4.1 mp from cabelas that i bought last year and i have heard that they have really made some big strides since then.
Old 06-01-2007, 07:31 PM
Fork Horn

get stealth cams. I have eight and they are awsome. and are about $170 a academy
Old 06-02-2007, 06:40 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think I've bought as many different digital trail cams as anyone and from Moultires, Stealths, Leaf Rivers, Cuddebacks, Cam Trakker, etc, etc, THE best digi model I've seen to date has been the Cam Trakker with it's 6MP Sony Cybershot canera and numerous features and excellent settings, you'll collect 2 to 5 times the images of the other cams. I happen to prefer the Ranger model simply because my typical set-ups are pretty close to shots in order to collect the fullframed color images I prefer but if you really wanted a flooding flash that reaches way out there than buy the Slave Flash model. You can buy the Cam Trakker Ranger model for under $450. Just my humble opinion. Next in line, I would have to opt for the Cuddeback Expert. I do prefer the the lableing of the time/date/name on the Cuddeback, an option you will NOT have on the Trakker.
Old 06-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

I would suggest a Trail Watcher from trailwatcher.net, either the 4040 or 4060. The 4040 imprints the date and time whereas the 4060 does not.

I also agree with IL-Cornfed, that the CamTrakker is a nice camera but I still prefer the Trail Watcher. Both use Sony cameras but for a 6mp camera I prefer the unit used in the Trailwatcher. It has a stronger flash and the colors are a little more brilliant. The Camtrakker is also a little bit like a jigsaw puzzle to put together, but I hate to bust the Camtrakker too much since it's still better than the major manufactured cams.

The TrailWatcher is real simple to set up, compact and everything is right at your fingertips as soon as you open the case.
Old 06-05-2007, 07:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

You can build your own quality digital cam which would be the equivilant of the $600 cams on the market for about $200 each. They are much easier to build than most people think. Check out Whitetail Supply for parts.

. . . Rob

http://www.whitetailsupply.com/