Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 First Trailcam Stolen. >

First Trailcam Stolen.

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

First Trailcam Stolen.

Old 04-08-2007, 12:44 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: First Trailcam Stolen.

that stinks

[/align]
Old 04-08-2007, 01:20 PM

That sucks man.
Old 04-08-2007, 02:44 PM
Giant Nontypical

That is one of the reasons why I wouldn't get a camera is because those things are expensive and I don't trust too many people around here either
Old 04-08-2007, 04:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the support everyone. I didn't have a python or anything on it (although I did have a paddlock holding it closed) but I still am depressed over the whole thing.

I didn't have "Stolen from Nathan Paden" or anything like that engraved onto it which I now regret and will make sure I put something like that on the others if they are still there next time I go out to the land.

I'm also putting up no trespassing signs and going to use a combination paddlock on the gate. I'm thinking about mounting an IR camera way up in a tree above the gate, but not sure if it would be worth the trouble and expense or not. My luck it would get stolen or shot.
Old 04-08-2007, 04:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: npaden

I'm also putting up no trespassing signs and going to use a combination paddlock on the gate. I'm thinking about mounting an IR camera way up in a tree above the gate, but not sure if it would be worth the trouble and expense or not. My luck it would get stolen or shot.

I was just about ready to suggest that but I see you already thought of it

- It would be a good idea, or even maybe put the camera is some sort of cage even if its up in a tree.
Old 04-08-2007, 05:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm in the early stages of developing a booby trapped camera which won't be a camera at all. It will be an empty case of a junked trail cam and will be loaded with a surprise for the low life maggot that steals it. I'm no mechanical or technical genius, so I'd appreciate any ideas or help with the details on this. What I want is to make the thief regret the day he saw my "camera". It will have some substance....and I've thought about things ranging from paint, cheap perfume, stink bombs, to cyanide or TNT....depending on my mood at the time.
I know someone that can build their own "home brew" camera could help devise such a device. All help appreciated. Ray
Old 04-08-2007, 06:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That sounds like a great idea! You can buy the old 35mm film cameras for next to nothing. Maybe some kind of stink bomb that won't go off until they open up the case in their pickup or home.
Old 04-12-2007, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Now I know what to do with my 8 retired 35mm cameras. I think I'll create a card to put next to my Cuddiebacks stating there are 9 other cameras on this property so if you're going to steal this one, you better steal all 10.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sorry to hear that. I constantly have the a fear that I am going to go out and check my cam and it not be there any more.
Old 04-16-2007, 02:47 AM
Fork Horn

Ok ive got an idea which will cost a bit but first you can build your own lock box for your camera which i have done second is to get the no flash camera and then get a old stealth and make sure you lock the good one up and use the old one as bait find the individuals stealing them or start putting them up in the trees with climbers as well is a 3rd option. Me and a couple buddy are going to do this this season and i swear on that persons hands head better run fast as ill break his hands i work too hard for my stuff and have some a*%$#@#* e take what he wants on private property.... try that i hope this helps but down the road i can post a picture of my lock box if youd like.

Quick Reply: First Trailcam Stolen.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.