Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Videos on trail cameras >

Videos on trail cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Videos on trail cameras

Old 03-28-2007, 09:18 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Videos on trail cameras

I was wondering how many of you use the video feature on your trail cams? How good is the quality I have a moultrie 100 and it takes good pics. Do videos run down batteries?
Old 03-28-2007, 11:34 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Videos on trail cameras

Honestly, I haven't ever done the videos. I guess I should since I have a big memory card in my cam. I have just always taken pics at the highest resolution possible.
Old 03-28-2007, 04:16 PM
Typical Buck

ive got the moultrie 2.1 mp and i only used the video once, wasnt too pleased w/ the quality. it was pretty fuzzy and at only 10 frames per second its more of a slide show than a video. just my opinion, if you've got the card space, just put it on 1 min delay and 3 pics per trigger and high quality, thats what i do with my 1 gig card, holds about 1300 pics, but the batteries never last that long.
Old 03-28-2007, 07:08 PM
Fork Horn

I've only used it on one of my digital trail cameras and that was just to try it. I don't use it because it only works at night, on non IR cams, and I also use the pictures to post on the web so I want the still digital images.

The cam I did try it with was one that had a Sony P41 in it and they weren't too bad but even with this camera that has great picture quality the vidoes are of a much lesser quality.
Old 03-29-2007, 06:04 AM
Nontypical Buck

I always use video mode on my wildview 2.0. i have several thousand 10 second videos already from this year. it's amazing how often you'll see one deer in the first couple seconds and then another will walk in. the resoultion is only 320x240 but i put the camera really close to the feeder. then it works pretty good. the other trick is to have a feeder that drops the food straight down instead of throwing it all over the place.
Old 03-29-2007, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

the moultrie 100 sucks at taking video![:@]..the quality is poor for one and when you have it set for taking video, it will only take video during the day....night time takes pics and only 1...i ussaly get 1 a night when i have it set on video. the light sensor on it is crappy too! it has to be noon or it won't take video. or any clouds..has to be a sunny day...just my $.02

Old 04-01-2007, 08:29 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome video X 3
ORIGINAL: janesburg

My Cuddeback takes pretty good video. Here is one of my favorites. Triplets with a doe.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOgfUhH3w7Y
Old 04-02-2007, 05:37 PM
Fork Horn

thats awesome dan.great video
Old 04-02-2007, 06:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Link to 12 pointer in velvet. Only picture/video I got of him during the daylight. 05 3.0 Cuddeback.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQzrpUjyD9Y
Old 04-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Hoytteen

the moultrie 100 sucks at taking video![:@]..the quality is poor for one and when you have it set for taking video, it will only take video during the day....night time takes pics and only 1...i ussaly get 1 a night when i have it set on video. the light sensor on it is crappy too! it has to be noon or it won't take video. or any clouds..has to be a sunny day...just my $.02
You can't expect a flash camera to take video at night because it needs light to do video. If you want night time video you have to go with an IR camera.

Quick Reply: Videos on trail cameras

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.