Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Trail Cam Suggestions >

Trail Cam Suggestions

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Trail Cam Suggestions

Old 03-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trail Cam Suggestions

I would like to get some suggestions from you on the boards. I am looking to purchase a trail cam that I am going to leave on some land many hours from my place. So I am looking for a cam that I can put a large amount of memory in and needs to either have an extra long battery or even a solar panel to recharge. I will probably only be able to check it once a month.

Thanks,
Old 03-07-2007, 05:41 PM

Default RE: Trail Cam Suggestions

Use a camera that can hold a 2.0gb sd card and get a solar panel.
Old 03-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

Is it going to be over a feeder, mineral lick or water source or on a trail?

Old 03-07-2007, 09:15 PM

Get a Cudedeback. It takes four D batteries, and they will last a long time, they will last over a month easily, I usually get about 3 months out a set of batteries, and it stays out all the time. Get yourself a 1Gb card, and it will hold about 1,000 pics or so, and I think you can even get a 2Gb card if you wanted. They take the compact flash type media card, and take great pics.
Old 03-07-2007, 10:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with everything Angus74 said on the Cuddebacks plus I would caution you about theft. Are you putting it on private or public land? Being away from it for that period of time might make it even easier for the low lifes to steal it.
Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks for the suggestions. I didn't think that the batteries would last that long. Time to go shopping!
Old 03-08-2007, 11:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Make sure you set your camera at taking pictures at 5 minute intervals so you dont keep taking pictures of the same deer, especiallyif you cant check your camera very often. This should extend your battery life especially ifthe camerais going to be over a feeder.
Old 03-08-2007, 11:26 AM
Fork Horn

If it were me I would buy a Trail Watcher camera (www.trailwatcher.com) with rechargeable AA's.

The rechargeable AA's will take over 400 pictures and not having any problem lasting for a month. The number of pictures will wear them down before the time will. You just need to make sure you set the picture delay long enough so that it will last four weeks. You will have to experiment with the time to see what you will need. It will be a pretty long delay for four weeks, i.e. several minutes.

So far I've tried all of the major brand names, not every model, and yes there are several cameras out there that could take more pictures with a bigger card and solar power but I've not used one that compares in quality and dependaility to the Trail Watcher.
Old 03-08-2007, 12:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have not looked at the trailwatcher yet but will definetly be checking it out this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:17 PM
Fork Horn

Before you run out and buy a Cuddeback, do asearch on this website http://www.chasingame.com/forum/I don't know what Cuddeback Angus74 has but I know there's been a lot of problems with the new Style Cuddeback. I have a older 1.3 and it is a great camera and the batteries will last over a month.[/align]Good Luck[/align]Joe[/align]

Quick Reply: Trail Cam Suggestions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.