Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

SD memory card ?

Old 02-19-2007, 08:59 AM
Fork Horn

Default SD memory card ?

I recently purchased one to use in a cheap trail camera. The trail camera allow its interanl memory to be erased by removing a battery, however the SD card will not erase via these means. I have 42 pics I need to erase from the SD card. How do I perform this function??????
Old 02-19-2007, 09:19 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: SD memory card ?

You coulderase them in a flash card reader, butmost cameras have a format card function that will clear anything on the card.
Old 02-19-2007, 12:48 PM
Fork Horn

Does anyone know if the wildview $60 version sold from Wal-mart has the ability to erase SD cards. I know it can erase the internal memory by removing a battery. But can this model erase a SD card.
Old 02-19-2007, 01:14 PM
Fork Horn

I had a Wildview ExtremeII, I would format the card in my computer, that got rid of all the pictures. Ask this question on http://www.chasingame.com/forum/
Good Luck
Joe
Old 02-19-2007, 02:46 PM
Fork Horn

No, the original Wildview will not format or erase the memory card.

You can use your card reader hooked to your computer or a digital camera that uses an SD card to erase the pictures.
Old 02-19-2007, 08:28 PM
Fork Horn

Do you put the SC card in your computer to view the pictures? If so that program should offer you a chance to erase what is on the card.
Old 02-20-2007, 05:42 AM
Fork Horn

I'minserting the SD card into a printer my wife boughtto use for printing digital camera pictures. Maybe, this SD card will insert into the camera to allow me to delete the card.Would the printer allow me to delete the SD card?????
Old 02-20-2007, 07:12 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: tourangeaud

I'minserting the SD card into a printer my wife boughtto use for printing digital camera pictures. Maybe, this SD card will insert into the camera to allow me to delete the card.Would the printer allow me to delete the SD card?????
I don't know enough about photo printers to know. Do you have access to a computer with a card reader?
Old 02-20-2007, 07:42 AM
Fork Horn

The slot on your printer is just the same as any USB card reader. Plug in the card, and your computer will pop with a little box to open a folder to view th files. Just open the folder, right click, and delete. All deleting is done on the computer screen, there are no delete buttons.
Old 02-20-2007, 09:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just go to circuit city or best buy (they have tons of them on Ebay) and for no more than $20 you can buy a 13 in 1 multi card reader to connect to your computer. By getting this, if you have one camera that uses SD card and another that uses compact flash and another that uses Memory Stick, you can put them all into the same device and read / delete from the computer. Here is a link to ebay:

http://photography.listings.ebay.com/Memory-Card-Adapters-Readers_For-Multiple-Formats_W0QQfromZR4QQsacatZ83864QQsocmdZListingIte mList

Quick Reply: SD memory card ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.