Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 leaf river ir cameras >

leaf river ir cameras

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

leaf river ir cameras

Old 02-19-2007, 05:50 AM

Default leaf river ir cameras

are these cameras easy to operate? i hear that people have had problems with there sd cards, is this true? or do you just stick the sd card in and your ready to go? i noticed on the back of the camera there is a sensitivity knob where does everybody put theres half-way, a quarter, etc.? and does the viewing screen stay off, when your not around? how long do the batteries last in lets say 10 to 20 degree weather?
Old 02-19-2007, 07:07 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: leaf river ir cameras

Hi big ten,
[/align]Battery Life: I use 9000mah D and 5000mah C rechargeable batteries in my Leaf River IR cameras, the longest I have left them in the woods without changing batteries is 4 weeks in 10 to 20 degree night and 40 degree days and the meter still showed half charge and the cameras were still taking pictures, I believe I could of left them out at least 2 more weeks without any problems.
[/align]
[/align]Set Up: Like anything else after a couple times the set up is very simple. I also have a Cuddeback, a Moultrie IR and a Homebrew. The Cuddeback is the most difficult to rememberthe set up.
[/align]
[/align]Memory Cards: I use Sandisk 256 cards and never had a problem.
[/align]
[/align]Viewing screen: It off all the time, you got to turn it on and off. I don't know if it will turn itself off if you forget to turn it off.
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]Sensitivity Adjustment: I always leave it half way, instructions say you only turn the sensitivity up in hot weather, I leave it half way, even in hot weather and never had a sensitivity issue.
[/align]Check out this site, lots of camera info. http://www.chasingame.com/forum/[/align]Good Luck[/align] Joe[/align]
Old 02-19-2007, 03:00 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: leaf river ir cameras

Leaf River cams use Compact Flash cards and I haven't had any problems with the camera and the cards. I've used a couple different cards.

I've always thought that the Leaf River cams were easy to operate as long as you don't want to change anything, but when I wanted to change something sometimes the buttons didn't work when pushed and that caused confusion when trying to make changes.

No, the LCD screen will not stay on but I have had problems in the past getting my screen to come on. The directions that came with the camera did not turn on the screen. They e-mailed me the correct way to turn on the screen.

I also have gotten generally good battery life with both alkalines and rechargeable batteries.