Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 First picture with new camera! >

First picture with new camera!

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

First picture with new camera!

Old 02-15-2007, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default First picture with new camera!

Well, I got a replacement stealth cam that will actually trigger and I think it is going to work okay. I set it out by a small pond by my house and it got some pictures over the last week. Only 2 pictures had anything in them, I think I had the camera pointed too straight and it seems like when the sun breaks through the clouds when it is low on the horizon it may be triggering the camera. After the first couple days the camera got pointed up even more (I had just set it on the ground wedged between a couple rocks) and all the pictures were pointing toward the sky so I'm not sure if there was something small triggering the camera or what.

I did get 2 good pictures of a flock of doves drinking out of the pond. The camera was tilted so I edited the picture to get the horizon level so the time stamp is tilted but the horizon being tilted looked really funny.

Here's the picture:

Quite a few dove I thought!

It was on burst mode and it took 2 good pictures of them and then nothing after that so I'm not sure if they flew away or if it just didn't trigger again after the 1 minute wait period I had it on. The next day it triggered at the same time but it had gotten tilted up and if there were any dove on the ground it wouldn't have gotten a picture of them.

I wasn't sure what I would get a picture of anything with the pond being less than 100 yards from my house, soI'm still pretty excited about the picture.

Just thought I would share. I'm hoping to set it up on my new property this weekend and hopefully I will get some pictures of something a little more exciting than dove when it is setup down there.
Old 02-16-2007, 02:34 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 02-16-2007, 02:40 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: First picture with new camera!

nice picture
Old 02-16-2007, 02:51 PM

Default RE: First picture with new camera!

Its very important that the camera is securely mounted pointed at whatever you want to take pictures of. Ours will take less than half of the pics it normally takes if it it 2' to high or low.