Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Bad Hit Buck

Old 02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default Bad Hit Buck

I finally got around to getting the last of my Trail Cam Pics from this fall developed today. Here is a suprise that I got when I opened the pictures that I wanted to share with everyone.

This small buck with an arrow stuck in his side. It does not look like the arrow is in all that far. My nephew and I are the only ones that bow hunt this property (400+ acres) and neither of us shot this deer. We never did see this deer in bow or rifle season (or didnt find any arrows while hunting). I hope he was harvsted by someone on another property and didnt die a slow death from infection.
MIKE

Old 02-04-2007, 02:40 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Bad Hit Buck

Wow, amazing!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:28 PM
Bartender

Oh man I hate to see that
Old 02-04-2007, 03:37 PM
Host of Hosts

That really stinks! I don't like seeing that kind of stuff either. Hopefully he made it ok
Old 02-04-2007, 03:41 PM

That arrows barley in there! man that really sucks!
Old 02-04-2007, 03:58 PM

That is a crazy picture. Its too bad that he had to suffer like he did. Who knows maybe he made it, but more than likely he was preyed upon. Mother nature can be amazing both ways.
Old 02-04-2007, 04:36 PM

Wow. I've spine-shot three bucks, including two that were straight down (under my tree) shots, and one that was just a poor shot. All three dropped on the spot with severed spinal cords.Kinda makes ya think twice about that straight-down shot.

I don't wanna turn this into a blade-count debate because this is obviously not optimal shot placement, but this is a case where more blades could have possibly brought this deer down. Of course, I don't know how many blades were in the broadhead in that deer, but the arrow obviously hit the spine. Four blades would have given a better chance to find the spinal cord.
Old 02-04-2007, 05:05 PM
Typical Buck

i woun't be so quick to give up on this deer, my sister shot one a few years back that hade the arrow go through next to the spine and all the way through most of the shoulder and that doe was fine when she shot it. the buck may be fine and live to be ur next trophy, they are very strong like that
Old 02-04-2007, 06:52 PM
Boone & Crockett

Oh man I hate to see that
Same here! I am surprized however that he hasn't tried to bite the arrow and pull it out though! I am just as surprized that it didn't break off when running thru the woods and stuff as well. i suspect that if that deer had made it that far and hasn't fallen over then he should be alright. They seem to be able to take alot and can heal themselves up pretty good. At least I hope that little one did anyhow.
Old 02-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Typical Buck

kinda like that doe in the other post with the broken leg eventually it fell off and heald real good it seems

Quick Reply: Bad Hit Buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.