Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 how are the moultrie 3.1 >

how are the moultrie 3.1

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

how are the moultrie 3.1

Old 01-03-2007, 10:31 PM

Default how are the moultrie 3.1

if anyone has a moultrie 200 3.1mp please tell me what you think of them or put apicture on here thanks.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:11 PM

Default RE: how are the moultrie 3.1

I've been wondering the same, I recently ordered one just yesterday. I made a thread about it here and the two guys that replied said it's pretty good.

It will still be quite a few days before I receive the camera/battery/battery charger in the mail along with the 1GB SD card but I can't wait to use it. I was very cautious about choosing a game camera. I own two acres in the middle of nowhere Central Minnesota and I know for a fact it's full of deer, coon, black bears, coyotes, wolves, linx, and possibly bobcats. I like wildlife and I figure if you've got property in a wildlife-infested area you might as well find what's roaming around on it when no one's around so that's why I decided to get a game camera.

I paid roughly $192 total (including shipping) on eBay for a combo pack of a new Moultrie 200 3.1 MP game camera that comes with a Moultrie rechargable battery and a battery recharger. From another seller, I bought a 1GB SD card (which can hold a couple hundred full-quality high-res pictures from the Moultrie on it, so it's more than enough) and I got the card for about $20 (including shipping.)

Like I said, I've tried reading as many reviews on sites like eBay, Amazon, and different forums regarding the Moultrie 200. I think based on what I've read it's one of the best cameras for the price. The only issues I've heard is that they aren't the best cameras for getting shots of animals that are running very fast because they have a "slow trigger" (I'm assuming they mean shutter speed but I'm not positive.) I've also read a few people have had battery issues, like batteries not keeping charges, or batteries that are full of power yet won't turn the Moultrie 200 on, and that the batteries perform slightly worse in cold weather. I read a statement by one guy saying he got the camera new and the flash wouldn't work after only using the flash once. Then again, I've also read quite a few responses from people that have had the camera for quite a while and are extremely satisfied with it and nothing has ever gone wrong. Regardless, write down your serial number on it and keep all of the packaging and whatnot and if you do have problems send it in to Moultrie - I've heard they're very good for customer service.

Sorry though I can't personally offer any information on the camera otherwise since mine is in the "shipping process" right now. If you want to wait a few weeks, I'll be more than willing to offer you a full testimonial about how mine works because I'm going to start using it almost as soon as I receive it. There are quite a few guys on here that have the Moultrie 200 so maybe they can offer their own official testimonials on it.

In the world of game cameras there are many choices out there, I think I made a great choice going by the features of the product and all of the good testimonials I've read regarding the camera. Can't wait until I actually get it, I hope I don't have any problems with it but I'll be sure to share my experiences with it on the forum.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

It works great just get a rechargable battery.
Old 01-04-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just got one for Christmas and it is out in the woods now. I am looking forward to going back out there and getting some pics to see how they look. If you get an SD card, get it off of Ebay. Wal-mart (always low prices) wanted $40 for a 1GB and I got it off of Ebay for $20 and that includs shipping. I have read that getting the rechargable stuff / solar panel is a must, as one negitive to the camera, as is with most trail cameras, is it goes through batteries pretty quickly.
Old 01-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Spike

i've got two. in my opinion they are one of the best on the market. also they are very affordable. and yes the only negative is the batt doesn't last very long.
Old 01-07-2007, 07:22 PM
Fork Horn

they are my favorite for the price
Old 02-03-2007, 07:41 PM
Typical Buck

jus ordered mine
Old 02-04-2007, 06:57 AM

I have two of them.they work great most of the time.

the only drawback for me , they trigger slowly( meaning it takes several seconds when awaken to the time it takes the first pic.) no problem when you set it on a feeding area.sometimes when on a trail, it doesn't catch the game walking by.it triggers after the animal has passed.

be sure to get the rechargeable battries.if you have it where it takes a bunch of pic's. (sometimes mine will take 40 to 50 pic's. before I get back) the battery gets a real workout. just get two and recharge one while the other is working.

mine takes really great pic's.heres a few.day and night.

Old 02-04-2007, 07:23 AM
Typical Buck

nice buck at the treestand
Old 02-08-2007, 02:57 PM
Typical Buck

so do they make locks for this cam?

Quick Reply: how are the moultrie 3.1

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.