Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

CuddyBack help

Old 12-27-2006, 08:05 AM

Default CuddyBack help

Hello, I am in the market for a new trail camera. I am pretty well set on the new No-Flash CuddyBack model. I saw where you can buy a metal box for bear protection. I have no bears here, but thought it would be a good thing for extra theft protection. I figured I could lag bolt it to the tree and use extra cables and locks. I though about drilling holes in the sides for u-bolts or welding extra tabs on the sides. What do you all think abou this and has anyone ever used such a box. I figured it would deter many ppl from stealing a $500 camera, but then again if they want it bad enough they will prolly come back with a chainsaw. I also figured that it might piss them off knowing that they are captured on film and might try to break the camera inside the housing somehow. Would the warranty cover such a thing?
Old 12-27-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CuddyBack help

If someone wants it bad enought there is nothing you can do to stop them. As far as the warranty I'm betting it would void it if someone tried to break into it. If someone wanted to damage it they would just shoot it.
Old 12-27-2006, 08:29 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: CuddyBack help

Btw I have a cudde expert. I think I'm going to build me something after the season is over to attach it to the tree and allow me to lock it up a little better.