Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

MOULTRIE 4.1

Old 12-23-2006, 12:09 AM

Default MOULTRIE 4.1

DOES ANYONE OWN A MOULTRIE 4.1 TRAIL CAMERA I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF IT IS A GOOD CAMERA OR NOT.
Old 12-25-2006, 12:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: MOULTRIE 4.1

I bought one in October. At first i was all excited becouse i thought i had found the best camera on the market for the price and stuff like that. The first 2 days i had it out i got 6 pics. 1was a MONSTER 13 point, 2 more of a 4 point, 1 of a coon and 2 of a rabbit. I had it set out on scrape. Then the scrape become inactive and it took no more pics. I then set it up on a trail and got about 15 pictures of does. I could tell that it missed alot of pictures becouse i could see tracks in front of it sometimes and there would be no new pictures. The delay is real slow, like 2-4 seconds. I set up my feeder like a week ago and its taken prolly around 100 pictures so far. I got a nice 7 point on theree that my brother shot (you can see the bullet hole in its leg) and some does and alot of coons and squirrels. The Camera is a GREAT scrape and feeder camera, but a very bad trail camera becouse of the delay. It has a really easy menu and the best feature of it is the ability to swipe out memory cards. The batteries are another problem. Sometimes they will last a week or more, another time they will last only a day.You have to make sure that when you hook it up you cover the prongs (you'll know what i mean when you see it) with the rubber covers to they dont rub againts each other.

In my opinion it is a good camera for what ive mentioned. It takes really good pics, but you need to do some editing to get all the pixels toshow (By sharpening it up in a photo editor).
Old 12-25-2006, 06:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: MOULTRIE 4.1

I bought one from Cabelas. Had it a few weeks and didn't like it. The battery life sucks (even with the solar charger) and as mentioned above, very slow trigger speed. I sent mine back. Keep in mind also that I am in the north east and there isn't alot of sun shine in the fall/winter not to mention temps are cold at night (20s or lower) which can drain the battery.

. . . Rob