Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Nice West Texas buck >

Nice West Texas buck

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Nice West Texas buck

Old 12-11-2006, 02:39 PM

Default Nice West Texas buck

I let this one walk for one more year!!! Hope he does some breeding.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:42 PM

Default RE: Nice West Texas buck

Some more bucks on our place if anyone swaps hunts up North for game.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:58 PM

another one
Old 12-11-2006, 05:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

something about those pic's say "farm"
Old 12-11-2006, 06:05 PM
Fork Horn

Yea and I have got some prime hunting land in West Central Illinois that I will sell you for a hundred dollars an acre
I let this one walk for one more year!!! Hope he does some breeding.
Old 12-12-2006, 07:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am in west Texas as well (Abilene)....where exactly are you ?!?
Old 12-12-2006, 09:27 AM

Yes, I thought it was a ranch also, but I'm not hating at all, I would think that buck has already got some of his genes in that herd most of those bucks look like they have the making's of the same rack. I tell you one thing, that's a great buck. All of them. I wish I had a ranch like that.
Old 12-12-2006, 10:20 AM

Believe it or not, we are a small ranch and not a deer farm. About 700 acres. Low fenced. We lucked out though. Our place is surrounded by 10,000 acres that is only bird hunted and used for cattle ranching. We bought the place in 2001 and have been feeding free choice protein pellets and mineral blocks for years. We also use the TPWD biologist in our area to help with recommendations for deer and habitat management (free to landowners in Texas that apply). It costs us $400 a month just for protein pellets in 3 -300 lb. protein feeders. Thank goodness my brothers and Dad split the cost with me. No wonder I am still driving my 1993 Ford Ranger truck! Huting before new truck I say!HAHA!The results have been great. We are in Reagan County Texas (between San Angelo and Midland, Texas). We only shoot deer 4.5 yrs old and older and culls (spikes-trash deer). We also border the Rocker B ranch (kinda famous ranch in Texas-they have shot bucks in 170-190 B&C on it) on one side. They have managed their deer herd for 20 years. They also feed protein. I won't say the deer "live" on our place, but with the protein feeders and "chumming" corn on the roads, we attract alot of the does which seem to bring in the bucks. We do not lease the place and it is only hunted by family and friends. We have put in a lot of sweat working on the place and it is a family effort by everyone. We are justregular people, my brothers are police officers, I am a federal agent and my Dad is a retired electrical engineer from the oil fields of Midland. We just lucked out by my dad knowing a rancher that came to him first before listing the place in the classifieds.
Old 12-12-2006, 11:42 AM

Well you have one heck of a place, that is what i wish for during christmas every year.... I have been wanting to do that since i was about 15 years old. And one day I will. I hope you guys enjoy that place and keep us posted, and have a happy holidays.
Old 12-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your hard work has paid off...just look at the size of those deer!

Quick Reply: Nice West Texas buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.