Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 question about my new cuddeback >

question about my new cuddeback

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

question about my new cuddeback

Old 12-10-2006, 02:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default question about my new cuddeback

I just bought the new Cuddeback No Flash Camera.. I've heard some good and bad so I thought I'd try it, just don't like the idea of a flash of light at the deer during the night hours.

Anyway, all Cuddeback Cams are Weatherproof.. My question is, I'm guessing this is not Waterproof.. What do you Cuddeback owners do to take care of the camera? Ever have any problems with water hurting anything.. Is it even and issue or does Weatherproof in Cuddeback terms mean waterproof..

Just hoping I bought a good camera and hoping more that it doesn't get ruined.

Oh, speaking of that has anyone ever had issues with cows messing with their camera's..

Thanks
Old 12-10-2006, 03:18 PM

Default RE: question about my new cuddeback

I hope the cuddeback works out for you I'll never buy another

Go to chasingame.com to get your info.

The cows have not bothered mine other than taken up lots and lots of pics, and one licked the cam so it was blured for a while, other than that no real trouble.

If you use the screw to put it on the tree don't get it too tight as this will cause your batteries to fall out.

I have not had any trouble with rain but they did a test on them at chasingame.com look your cam up on that site.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

WOW, lots of info.. Seems like they are having lots of issues with this camera and a rain "hood" seems to be a must.

Did I buy the wrong camera for the money? What is the best all around buy out there for something like this. I'd like to have something that works anyway..
Old 12-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Fork Horn

Yes if you mount your camera upside down and squirt it with a water hosefrom 1' away it will probably leak. Or if you mount it in a creek bottom and the creek comes out of its banks and submerses your camera I wouldn't put moneyon it working again. But it will be fine under normal circumstance. My Experthas been through several bad thunderstorms and hasn't had a drop of rain in it and is working great. Just don't mount it upside down! The only thing I don't like about it is the 1min wait time between pics and the battery holder could have been designed better.Other than that I've had 0 problems. I would suggest you buy some longer screws if you decide to mount it to the tree by them. The ones that come in it are aabout 1/2"-3/4" to short...if someone wanted to snatch it they could with the shorter screws. Let me know how the no-flash is working for you. I got a Leaf River noflash a few weeks ago. It's going back tomorrow..something is wrong with the preview screen. I will probably get another one if they have it even though the trigger is slowish. It does have a quick shot mode and will take 3 pics in the time that a cudde can only take one. If I have problems with this one I will probably step up to a noflash and be done with it.

There are a bunch of cudde bashers on this site. When moultrie or stealth comes out with a 3/4sec trigger time camera for $50 I'll buy one. Until then go cudde!