Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Need advice on a few cameras. >

Need advice on a few cameras.

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Need advice on a few cameras.

Old 11-07-2006, 07:16 AM
Spike

Default Need advice on a few cameras.

I've been looking to upgrade from a stealth35mm trailcam toa digital cam.
I'm looking at aBushnell 2.1 MPTrail Sentry Camera$124.29or a Wildview
3.0 MP Game Cam by Stealth Cam $139.99.Or aGuide Gear 3 Megapixel Digital Game
Camera$129.99. Which of these three would be the bestbuyfor the buck? Or could you
recommend a good quality cam within this price range.

Thanks

Old 11-07-2006, 07:59 AM

Default RE: Need advice on a few cameras.

I have the wildview, don't like it much at all. I have 6 cuddebacks don't like them much either. I do like the moultrie 1.3MP cam. it is $70 bucks and does real well.
Old 11-07-2006, 02:37 PM
Fork Horn

I think the 2.0 wildview is a great cam for the $$. The 3.0 is known to have some issues.

Chasingame.com
Old 11-07-2006, 05:37 PM
Host of Hosts

I have the wildview, don't like it much at all. I have 6 cuddebacks don't like them much either. I do like the moultrie 1.3MP cam. it is $70 bucks and does real well.
That's the first time I've ever heard of some preffering a Moultrie over a Cuddeback. Just a Questio! Why do you have 6 of them if you don't like them?
Old 11-07-2006, 06:44 PM
Typical Buck

Ive got a moultrie 2.1 mp from walmart, about $100 i think, ended up being about $135 after i got 2 batteries, a charger, and a 512mb card. i love the digital camera, way better than my 35 mm. Mine isnt too bad on battery life, i usually get about 3 weeks and 500 pics per battery if i were using a 35 mm, that would translate to about $100 in developing every 3 weeks, which is y i got a digital. i had to do some tweaking on my moultrie to get it to work right, but for the money i think its a great camera, it takes great pics and has good enough trigger time to be put over a bait siteor scrape. hope this helps, if u wanna check the quality of the pics of the camera, check my other posts, but beware those pictures were taken on standard quality, but the camera does have a high quality option as well.
Old 11-07-2006, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

I'm currently testing my 18th digital game camera. The problem is getting a "good quality" camera at that price. I've been hoping to find this cheap good quality game camera but so far this hasn't happened. The closest that I have come is by making one myself.

You can read the reviews of all of the digital game cameras in the website listed below.
Old 11-07-2006, 09:02 PM
Typical Buck

this is also a really helpful site http://www.chasingame.com/
Old 11-07-2006, 09:46 PM
Spike

I found Chasingame. com real helpful. It made up my mind. I was going to get the cuddeback excite until I saw the side by side comparison with the trail senty 2.1. I got the sentry last week. Great day pics but little dark at night. great for the price. a guy on ebay is selling them for $140 shipped. No memory card though.

Old 11-07-2006, 11:18 PM
Spike

Thanks guys for the help and links.
I've got a couple more questions for ya.
Do the digital cams make any sound when activated?
And can you turn the flash off manually on themto prevent theft?

Old 11-08-2006, 07:05 AM

Some you can turn off the flash, some you can't. If security is an issue, you need a secure box or one of the ones you can buy ready made in steel so you can use a chain or strong cable lock.
There seems to be some sound with the digitals but it doesnt always scare the deer. The blinking light on the Moultries needs to be covered over so the deer don't stare at the camera when it goes off.

Quick Reply: Need advice on a few cameras.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.