Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 moultrie or stealth?...help >

moultrie or stealth?...help

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

moultrie or stealth?...help

Old 10-31-2006, 04:24 PM
Typical Buck

Default moultrie or stealth?...help

Anyone have any advice on which would be better or any experience with either of these?
http://www.walmart.com/catalog/catalog.gsp?cat=453488

Old 10-31-2006, 06:13 PM

Default RE: moultrie or stealth?...help

Stay away from Stealth.
JMO and personal exp.
Old 10-31-2006, 09:02 PM
Fork Horn

The new Moultries work darn good for the money, even the cheap one at walmart.
Old 11-01-2006, 04:32 PM

slipknot, what problems have u had with stealth??

i've had 2 brand new moultrie 200's and the flash went out of both of them on their first outing. very disappointing to check your memory card just to find all black pictures from night time. hit the diagnostic button and the flash failed the test on both. took it back to wally world today in exchange for the stealth I390 today, will be setting it out tomorrow.

To hell with the Moultrie and the wal-mart it came from!! lol
Old 11-01-2006, 05:19 PM
Typical Buck

I have read alot of problems ith the Moultrie as well. they are the same price...let me know how it works for you jha.
Old 11-01-2006, 05:45 PM

Here is my story on Trail cams.
I have used 2 35mm cams for the past 4 yrs.I love getting my pics back, and check them nearly every week, and my property is 2 1/2 hrs. away.The info on these cameras are valuable to me.Time in the woods is always not enough, and I like to use mine wisely.Cameras help me a bunch. It is awesome to get some film back of a nice Buck, it gives me confidence to hunt that area.
1 of the cameras is a Deer Cam, which has always worked well.No complaints from me.
The other is a Stealth, which has not worked as well,harder to use,but I still got a few pics off of it.This season it would not rewind film, so twice I had to bring it back to town, and have them extract the film at the processor.Whick lost me a week out of the woods each time.The last morning it was in the woods, I watched 5 does walk right past it, and there were no doe pics on that roll.I finally decided to get it fixed.Sent them an email, no reply for 4 days.Tried to call on day 2 & 3, could not get a human on the line with 15+ tries during working hrs.Finallytalked to a lady who said " we do not work on our 35mm cameras anymore. Just digitals."So I promptly told her that her company should support any, and , all of their products.And I would not be a customer."
I would of gladly paid for it, I just wanted it fixed.They built the damn thing.
I also purchased a Moultrie 2.1mp before season.After 4 wks in the woods, and no pics, and many problems trying to get it operating correctly.I sent it back, they sent me a new one this past Monday, about 2 wks.I am not knocking them,they made the problem right.It might just of been a rare faulty cam, thats my luck.We will see how the new one works this week, and I will judge its performance myself.Trigger time seems to be real slow in the backyard.
But I have lost 6 weeks of pics, and valuable info.So right now, I have only 1 old 35mm working for me, on 800 ac.Needless to say,I have been very frustrated.But what can ya do?
Stealth has definitely lost my buisness forever, and I will spread the word.
To be honest,Moultrie probably has too.......

Good Luck,
Rick
Old 11-01-2006, 08:44 PM
Fork Horn

I have used two of the Moultrie cams, two Bushnell cams and one StealthCam along with 14 other digital game cameras.

In short, the Moultries I have used seem to make you coax them to take a picture, it is very slow and it misses a lot of pictures. They eat 6V lantern batteries up so the rechargeable is a good idea.

One Bushnell quit working so I had to take it back and the other is still operating. The flash is very poor so anything that isn't real close at night is way too dark.

My StealthCam 3.0 mp eats C batteries fast and only gets about 5 days from the 12V battery. The display has quit working so I can't change the settings.

You can read our complete reviews of these digital game cameras along with the others at the website in the signature below.
Old 11-02-2006, 02:56 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks guy's...sounds like I'm in for a world of frustration with either of these models. I'm going to check out the link now & read the reviews.
Old 11-02-2006, 03:56 PM
Fork Horn

Here are a few pics from my Moultrie 1.3 and 3.1 if this will help you decide

Old 11-02-2006, 11:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've purchased a cheapo Moultrie and a cheapo Stealth.

I won't purchase another Moultrie camera and the Stealth paid itself off after two or three uses.

Definately go Stealthcam.

Quick Reply: moultrie or stealth?...help

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.