Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Just a tip for y'all >

Just a tip for y'all

Community
Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Just a tip for y'all

Old 10-30-2006, 05:51 PM
Typical Buck

Default Just a tip for y'all

I'm not sure how many of the people that visit this site are new to trail cams or hunting, so i thought i'd throw this out there... This is the perfect time of year to have your cameras set up over a scrape. I've had mine over salt licks and small bait piles up until now, and have only gotten 1 or 2 pics of bucks out of probbly 100, but in the last week i had mine up over a scrape and got pictures of 3 different bucks, including a true beauty of a 10 pointer. all the pictures are at night, but its a great way to figure out what kind of bucks are in the area. I'll post my pics if i can get our scanner figured out. good luck, and keep posting those pics!!!
Old 10-30-2006, 08:27 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Just a tip for y'all

ya im gonna get one and put it under my stand, i have a post under deer hunting of the rubs, im gonna post some more pics soon. It will be a great place for a trail cam
Old 10-30-2006, 11:11 PM
Typical Buck

SWEET!!! i was just takin a look at the pics i just got from over that scrape and thought that buck looked a little familiar, sure enough i compared it to a buck i got some pics of late in the season last year and its the same buck. I'm still workin on the scanner issues, but basically his G2's and G3's doubled in length, he added G4's on both sides, and lost a couple stickers around his base. He is defenitely a mature deer this year, id say 4 1/2 to 5 1/2 years old. I'll work on the scanner so i can show every1 what i mean!
Old 10-31-2006, 01:59 AM

Hey Schobs, just e-mail the pics to me and I'll scan them for you