Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Best bang for your buck trail cam >

Best bang for your buck trail cam

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Best bang for your buck trail cam

Old 10-19-2006, 11:44 AM
Typical Buck

Default Best bang for your buck trail cam

Looking into finally getting a trail cam trying to keep it reasonable in price 200 and under not in a photo contest just want to see what potential I got there. Any suggestions greatly appreciated !
Old 10-19-2006, 12:55 PM

Default RE: Best bang for your buck trail cam

Best bang 4 ur buck..... Moultrie from walmart. 99.00. Uses 6v batterry.

optional use of an SD .memory card. 256 mb is plenty of storage. Highly recommended.

I own 4 cameras. all have rechargable batteries 6v. and I have a 1 gig SD card in mine. A 1 gig card will hold 1877 pics on high resolution. Your battery will die before you take that many pics. Typically I get about 300 - 400 pics per battery. Depends on flash use and stuff like that.

but that is a good camera that is not expensive
Old 10-19-2006, 08:58 PM
Fork Horn

I have the same one and an very happy with mine.

Old 10-19-2006, 10:10 PM
Fork Horn

Look on ebay for a cuddeback excite. I've seen them for $259 w/free shipping out there. Little more than you said but its all about trigger speed. Unless it will sit on a feeder or baitwhere the deer is standing there. Then the moultrie or others will do.Trigger speed isn't as important onthat kind of setting.
Old 10-20-2006, 09:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

ACTUAL TRAIL USE
------------------
Although it's not perfect the bushnell 119200 is pretty good. it's about $150. trigger time pretty much can't be beat (even by cuddebacks!). flash range is crappy, that's the big nock on it. if you are going to put it on a trail, then i would go with this cam. get a little less than 3 weeks battery life (4-c). doesn't have an adjustable delay like most cameras, it's hard coded at 30 seconds.

FEEDER/SALT BLOCK
-------------------
Wildview 2.0 (make sure to get one with the big flash, not the tiny flash - the big flash is about an inch wide???). trigger time is crappyat about 5 seconds. battery life kind of sucks too. but it takes good pictures and is a breeze to setup.

Old 10-21-2006, 05:56 AM

ORIGINAL: MichaelT.

Best bang 4 ur buck..... Moultrie from walmart. 99.00. Uses 6v batterry.

optional use of an SD .memory card. 256 mb is plenty of storage. Highly recommended.

I own 4 cameras. all have rechargable batteries 6v. and I have a 1 gig SD card in mine. A 1 gig card will hold 1877 pics on high resolution. Your battery will die before you take that many pics. Typically I get about 300 - 400 pics per battery. Depends on flash use and stuff like that.

but that is a good camera that is not expensive
AGREED!!!

Check out my picasa link for my pics. [8D]

Be SURE to get a re-charegeable 6v battery. It's only a few bucks more, even counting the re-charger. Well worth about $10 IMO.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:00 AM

Is the camera you guys are talking about the Moultrie Game Spy 100.
Old 10-21-2006, 12:29 PM

Not sure. Don't remember what the actual name is. [&:]

But, it's the $98 one from Wal-Mart. Only one they have w/that price. I think it's the only Moultrie they carry. (at mine anyway)

It's not perfect, but I'm VERY satisfied w/ it. Not looking to count hairs anyway.
Old 10-21-2006, 01:54 PM

The Moultries are good on bait or a scent post, something to get them to stand around for a minute or two. If you are using them on a trail you have to aim them in the direction you think the animals will aproach the camera. They are Very easy to set up and with a good size SD card,rechargeable battery and a solar pannel they last a long time out there. JUst make sure you buy/build a secure cage for them.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been reasoably impressed with the Wildview 2.0MP cams. decent pics, decent trigger time. battery life so-so. only $90 with current rebate.

Quick Reply: Best bang for your buck trail cam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.