Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Outdoor Gear > Trail Cameras
 Compact Flash Card Problem >

Compact Flash Card Problem

Trail Cameras Post your trail cam photos, reviews, tips, and suggestions here.

Compact Flash Card Problem

Old 10-19-2006, 08:42 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Compact Flash Card Problem

tycteach, try the Lexar 256 or 512.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:49 PM
Spike

They are all just SanDisk. Not the Ultra. But I've just competed some other tests to see what might be going on. I've formated one of the new cards, a card I usually use in my digital camera, and a card I normally use in the cuddeback that works all on the computer. I tried each one back in the normal digital camera and the cuddeback. Both the ones that normally worked, still worked in both the cuddeback and the normal digital camera. The new card that had been giving me Error--CamError in the cuddeback, continued to do the same in the cuddeback and when placed in my normal digital camera, I got a Card Error. It's not looking good for the new cards. I'm getting more and more convinced that they got juiced somehow coming through the mail. The only thing I have left to do that will convince me is to go to WalMart and buy a new card and try it in my normal digital camera and the cuddeback. If it works, I'll be convinced that it's the cards. If it doesn't, well, something really wierd is happening. I'll let you know when I perform the test. I probably won't get to try it until at least this coming Monday as I have to go to bed now because I have to get up early for work tomorrow and as soon as I get home tomorrow, I'm heading to the farm to get some farm work done for the weekend. I won't be back home until late Sunday night. Thanks for all the help, guys. I think we're going to whip this problem after all.
Old 10-19-2006, 08:59 PM
Spike

I'm glad you said Lexar because that's the other type card that has been working already in my cuddebacks.I had forgotten the name and the other 4 cameras are out at the farm right now that have some of the Lexar cards in them. I sure hope they are taking some pictures of a really big buck that has come onto the property. I'm trying to go to all 256mb cards but still have a few 128mb in use. All the new cards that aren't working (6 of them) that I just got are SanDisk 256mb. We're going to solve this mystery I can just tell. I think we've made progress tonight. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know if the new card I buy works. If so, I think the problem is solved.
Old 10-19-2006, 09:05 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: tycteach

I'm glad you said Lexar because that's the other type card that has been working already in my cuddebacks.I had forgotten the name and the other 4 cameras are out at the farm right now that have some of the Lexar cards in them. I sure hope they are taking some pictures of a really big buck that has come onto the property. I'm trying to go to all 256mb cards but still have a few 128mb in use. All the new cards that aren't working (6 of them) that I just got are SanDisk 256mb. We're going to solve this mystery I can just tell. I think we've made progress tonight. Thanks for all the help. I'll let you know if the new card I buy works. If so, I think the problem is solved.
Yep! I have the Lexar 1Gig's and buy themfrom Sam's for $37 ea. I called Leafriver and talked to a Tech who gave me the tip for using Lexar's.
Old 10-20-2006, 06:06 PM
Fork Horn

I got a PNY 1g ($14.00)and DaneElec 512mb (8.75)off ebay.(thats including shipping). I just put them in my cam and took 7 or 8 pics with each and they are working perfectly. I'm going to test it out this week and see how many pics I get up at the camp.
Old 10-24-2006, 11:46 AM

I have a Cuddeback 3.0 dig and have been using it for two seasons now. I have/use three of the Lexar 256mb cards, change the card out weekly, leaving the cam in the woods.

This cam has taken over 10,000 pics with few problems but I do occasionally get the Cam Error thing. When it does occur, I can't get the camera to do anything so I pop a battery out/in,then disarm the camera, and change the card. It happened last week after the cam had taken only 7 photos. No additional photos were takenafter #7duringaweek where I usually get 200-300 pics at a very active location.

As this problem is only occasional I never thought much about it until I read this thread and saw where others were having the same trouble with more frequency.

Has anything been determined about the problem, is it the cards or the camera? Human/pilot error?

I have my cards numbered so the first thing I intend to do is note which card is in the camera if/when the problem occurs again then not use that cardagain until after the season is over. If it is a particular card that is causingthe problem,I can eliminate it once I learn which one. Are these cards warantied from Lexar or the retail outlet?

Is there a possibility that something we are doing such as changing batteries with a card in is causing the problem? I can't remember if I have the card in or out when I change batteries but never gave that much thought. Does it help or hurt to reformat a card? When or how often should a card be reformatted?

Davex1