Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Traditional Muzzleloading Forum
question on thompson center nipples >

question on thompson center nipples

Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

question on thompson center nipples

Old 03-28-2018, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

Default question on thompson center nipples

i allways thought they were all 1/4 28 but i've been looking for a replacement for my patroit 45 pistol and i've see there alot more money, i was wondering if it was different i see uncle mikes say the seneca takes 12-28 so im quessing the patroit is 12-28 too and the cherokee it seems too?glad i didnt try putting a 14-28 in anyone use 12-28 nipples?
Old 03-29-2018, 05:38 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
i allways thought they were all 1/4 28 but i've been looking for a replacement for my patroit 45 pistol and i've see there alot more money, i was wondering if it was different i see uncle mikes say the seneca takes 12-28 so im quessing the patroit is 12-28 too and the cherokee it seems too?glad i didnt try putting a 14-28 in anyone use 12-28 nipples?

The Seneca, Cherokee, and Patriot take the 12-28, Therefore i use them in both of my .36 Seneca’s
Old 03-30-2018, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Default Cool good to know

I’ve stuck with tc thinking all the nipples are the same lol good to know before I screwed up a barrel I love my patriot pistol guess i’ll Man up and get a few nipples for it
Old 03-30-2018, 12:44 PM
Typical Buck

Treso AMPCO Nipples i got 2 of these coming in 12-28 for 12 bucks shipped I'll see how these work. the uncle mike is 10 bucks shipped and the old stock TC start around 20 bucks shipped
Old 03-30-2018, 01:07 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
Treso AMPCO Nipples i got 2 of these coming in 12-28 for 12 bucks shipped I'll see how these work. the uncle mike is 10 bucks shipped and the old stock TC start around 20 bucks shipped
Treso/Ampcos are exactly what i have in 12-28 as well, i use the Treso/Ampcos in all of my Muzzleloaders, they are by far the most durable nipple i have tested.