Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Antique store find

Old 02-27-2018, 09:15 AM
Banned

Default Antique store find

I love spending hours in the antique stores digging through the crowded shelves! I find this gem on a coat hook for $5! It had some rips that needed stitching, the seam in the back was loose so I fixed that all up. Next, I will remove the machine stitching on the pockets and sew it with artificial sinew for an aged look.

I added the deer antler button from a drop I found years ago. Also, the skinner knife I also found at the antique store for $4! Shes razor sharp now.

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 12:25 PM.
Old 02-27-2018, 12:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great looking piece of leather!! The knife looks like my old Case 509 5 inch. Nine dollars well spent.
Old 03-05-2018, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nice looking vest, great find on that and the skinner! When I was in high school in the early 70's, my Aunt found a fringed leather vest at a sale for a few dollars. Seeing as how they were in style back then she bought it for me thinking I'd wear it... WRONG! I took the stitching out and cut out the pattern for my first ever possibles bag (which I still have) complete with fringe and a deer antler tip for the hasp.
A few years back, I found a vintage 10" KA-BAR Chef's knife at a garage sale for a buck! I had to clean it up and replace a rivet in the handle, but she's back in business now and razor sharp. Nothing holds an edge like good carbon steel.

BPS