Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Anybody Interested In A Trade?

Old 07-03-2017, 04:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

No, it's the only gun I have. It's only a month old with less than 10 shots taken.
Old 07-03-2017, 05:21 AM
Boone & Crockett

Dang that would be a good trade Muley if he wants to swap even up
Old 07-03-2017, 05:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

He hates CVA, so I doubt it. Although I don't need the fast twist barrel.

You don't have anything? You always have a bunch of guns. Aren't you a lefty? That's what i'd really like, but they're hard to find.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:11 PM
Giant Nontypical

I guess i'll keep it. I shot it today with the Barnes 250gr T-EZ and it was putting it in the same hole with Swiss powder.

I'll keep it as my bear gun.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:29 PM
Boone & Crockett

I think my local gun shop has a new GPR left hand. I'll likely be heading down there this week. But I believe its a .50 cal. The last time I was down there was a GPR on the used rack. Not sure if it was a flint or caplock. But I'm pretty sure it was a .54.
I could take some pics and send them to you. If you like it we can haggle and if we agree on a deal I can buy it.
Old 07-03-2017, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure, go ahead and see what you can do. I'll wait to hear from you before making any final decisions. Not really interested in a flintlock. I'm hunting for bear and would like an ignition system I have faith in. Some guys have good luck with flinters. I'm not one of them. Even when I do everything perfect they hate me.

My MR has a pretty tight bore, but the Barnes with a Harvester CR sabot loads perfect. It also likes the 460gr NoExcuses.

btw Think about what we could do if you got the new LH. I can deal with a .50 if it's a caplock. I'd really like to be able to use the cheek piece. It's easier on my cheek. Just a thought.

Last edited by Muley Hunter; 07-03-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 07-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Muley,

I thought you were getting out of hunting and was going to pursue fly fishing only from here on... at least that's what you told me awhile back.

BPS
Old 07-10-2017, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke View Post
Muley,

I thought you were getting out of hunting and was going to pursue fly fishing only from here on... at least that's what you told me awhile back.

BPS
I really tried, but it didn't work. I miss it too much and fly fishing isn't a good enough substitute.

I won't try to give it up anymore. I'll just shuffle along doing the best I can. I found out that any hunting is better than not hunting. I can't do something all my life and then just give it up. Not when I know I can still do it in an easier type of hunt. I won't hike back in 5-8 miles anymore. I'll stay closer to the Jeep now. I'll also get some help getting the meat out.