Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

New possibles bag came in!

Old 05-02-2017, 05:09 PM
Banned

Default New possibles bag came in!

Ordered mine a while back and Jim had to custom make it.

I got a surprise in the mail today and unboxed my new possibles bag! I am completely blown away with the quality of work Jim puts into his stuff! This bag warmed my heart when I saw on it on his site. It completely melted my heart when I opened the box and pulled it out!

Size measurements, 9"x8"x1.5"

It's consistent with bags depicted by the artist Alfred Jacob Miller at the 1837 Rendezvous.

The lace is cut from the same hide as the bag so the colors are consistent.

This is one heavy duty leather bag made to stand up to use!

The bag hangs close to your body and does not flop around and worse, try coming around you when you bend over.

Jim also put 4 leather thongs on the bag so you can either decorate it a little or in my case, I used 3 of the thongs to attach my powder horn. 2 to hold the horn itself, and 1 that attached to the horn plug so I do not loose it.

The bag is sewn together with leather as well. A 2 compartment bag with plenty of room to spare!

Later I will make an antler powder measure and attach that to the last thong and I will be set!

The strap is only 3/4" wide but because this is an actual hunting bag, it does not cut into your shoulder like you originally would think. Right now my bag consists of the tools I need to remove the wedge key and nipple, nipple pick, a tin of lubed patches, spare caps, ear plug, powder measure, small ball starter & leather capper.

I could actually remove the extra patches as the patch box on my rifle carries a ton of them. The only thing I do not put into my bag of course is my ball bag. That is real heavy and aggravates my neck when I start over loading. My ball bag is tied onto my 3" wide leather belt around my waist.

These are Jims pictures off his site. I am feeling woozy from some new sinus headache meds, so I am not up for taking pictures of the bag YET!

Last edited by MountainDevil54; 09-23-2018 at 12:31 PM.
Old 05-02-2017, 05:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

That looks like a nice bag Jon. And if I were into period wear I would probably use one similar. In fact I do have one that I have hanging on my ML gun rack along with a couple powder horns. My bag is equipped with an antler horn powder measure and a home made patch knife with antler handle.
But I prefer my multi-pocketed cordura bag that carries all the tools I could possibly need to work on my caplock or flinter. Including spare ventliners and nipples and flints. It also carries my flashlights, drag strap, compass, TP, a couple first aid items, some speed loaders, extra cappers and of course plenty of room for those necessary snacks.
Oh yeah - and it comes in an attractive realtree camo pattern!
Old 05-03-2017, 10:47 AM
Boone & Crockett

Really nice looking bag Devil. I have a really nice old bag too - we've been married 50 years.
Old 05-03-2017, 11:32 AM
Dominant Buck

I have a number of possible bags. Some are actually maybe fifty years or so. The reason I say this is when I was very young a person gave me their old possible bag as a gift! I was very thrilled. I use a different bag depending on the caliber and the type of weapon. For instance one is for black powder revolvers and .45 caliber rifles. One is for flintlocks. Another is for shotguns. It just makes it easier for me to keep track of jags, mops, etc.
Old 05-03-2017, 01:44 PM
Boone & Crockett

Originally Posted by Semisane
Really nice looking bag Devil. I have a really nice old bag too - we've been married 50 years.
Well now Semi maybe I'll just give the missus a call and see what she has to say about that! She'll probably say that at least she's still functional. Not like you...
Originally Posted by cayugad
I have a number of possible bags. Some are actually maybe fifty years or so. The reason I say this is when I was very young a person gave me their old possible bag as a gift! I was very thrilled. I use a different bag depending on the caliber and the type of weapon. For instance one is for black powder revolvers and .45 caliber rifles. One is for flintlocks. Another is for shotguns. It just makes it easier for me to keep track of jags, mops, etc.
That's not a bad idea Cayugad. I have shooting boxes like that. Why not set up possible bags the same?
Old 05-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Giant Nontypical

That's a shooting bag or shooting pouch, not a possibles bag...
Old 05-04-2022, 07:39 AM
Spike

Hey there!
I've got the half-day and one-day plus, and I'm thinking of finishing the set and going for the three-day. I really like these packs, but I wish First Tactical would tweak a few things. The first thing I'd change is the top dump pocket; either add some wire to the interior compartment to keep it from collapsing in on itself, or make it a hard shell; and I really wish they had the exterior pockets like the Rush 24. Apart than that, these packs are fantastic.