Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

T/c question

Old 04-28-2017, 03:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default T/c question

Anyone know if a t/c 56 smooth bore will fit in a t/c big boar stock ? It's 1 " but not sure if key in same place?
Thanks ms
Old 04-29-2017, 06:10 AM
Dominant Buck

I was once told that a Renegade used to be sold with a .56 smooth bore accessory barrel. Whether this is true, I can not say. But if it was, meaning it would fit into the 1" across the flats stock as the Renegade, then it would also fit the T/C Big Boar stock. All Renegades are 1 inch across the flats. The T/C Hawken in .50 is 15/16th. But you get the big bore Hawkens, the .54 and the .58 they are 1 inch across the flats. If you want, what I can do is measure a .54 Renegade from the end of the breech plug to the beginning of the escutcheon slot. Or maybe I am reading you wrong. You have a chance to get one and wonder will it fit the stock of your Big Boar.

You want a positive it is or not answer, call T/C arms.
Old 04-29-2017, 06:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by cayugad
I was once told that a Renegade used to be sold with a .56 smooth bore accessory barrel. Whether this is true, I can not say. But if it was, meaning it would fit into the 1" across the flats stock as the Renegade, then it would also fit the T/C Big Boar stock. All Renegades are 1 inch across the flats. The T/C Hawken in .50 is 15/16th. But you get the big bore Hawkens, the .54 and the .58 they are 1 inch across the flats. If you want, what I can do is measure a .54 Renegade from the end of the breech plug to the beginning of the escutcheon slot. Or maybe I am reading you wrong. You have a chance to get one and wonder will it fit the stock of your Big Boar.

You want a positive it is or not answer, call T/C arms.
No problem I'll find out when it arrives. I bought a brand new old stock .56 barrel on g.b. don't have it yet so I was just wondering ? If it does or doesn't really don't matter I have all the parts except the stock to put together another rifle with the .56 so I'll just have to wait till I get it. Thanks for the info MS
Old 04-29-2017, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
No problem I'll find out when it arrives. I bought a brand new old stock .56 barrel on g.b. don't have it yet so I was just wondering ? If it does or doesn't really don't matter I have all the parts except the stock to put together another rifle with the .56 so I'll just have to wait till I get it. Thanks for the info MS
I had one and sold it to another member of this site. The .56 smoothbore barrel is 1" across the flats being a standard Renegade barrel. The .56 was developed by TC for the Massachusetts market because rifled firearms of any type were not legal for big game hunting in Mass. at that time. Not sure but I believe they allow rifled shotguns and muzzleloaders now.

The barrel tenon should be in the same place as they were used on a standard Renegade stock and although I have never handled the Big Boar .58 model, I doubt TC would make special altercations to an otherwise regular production model.

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 04-29-2017 at 05:12 PM.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:10 PM
Typical Buck

i got both i'll try tomorrow ....im thinking the big bore is a new englander stock if the distance from the tang to wedge pin is the same in the renagade and new englander it might work......
Old 04-29-2017, 05:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
I had one and sold it to another member of this site. The .56 smoothbore barrel is 1" across the flats being a standard Renegade barrel. The .56 was developed by TC for the Massachusetts market because rifled firearms of any type were not legal for big game hunting in Mass. at that time. Not sure but I believe they allow rifled shotguns and muzzleloaders now.

BPS
Thanks BPS I think it will fit and shoot fine the only difference is the big boar has single trigger the renegade has the double set other than that as long as key location is the same it should be OK. But if not all I need is a stock all the other parts I have. I might do that anyway I can get the double set triggers a lot lighter than the single.
Old 04-29-2017, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

looking tomorrow i'll see what the barrels look like round vs flat ......you may have to bed it move the wedge pin.....i'm a mile from mass when mass changed there laws alot of people sold the 56's they went to inlines and rifled barrels 56 renegades are killer guns to me they shoot as good as the other tc's i have ,550 balls
Old 04-29-2017, 05:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by stripercrazy
looking tomorrow i'll see what the barrels look like round vs flat ......you may have to bed it move the wedge pin.....i'm a mile from mass when mass changed there laws alot of people sold the 56's they went to inlines and rifled barrels 56 renegades are killer guns to me they shoot as good as the other tc's i have ,550 balls
Do you know if green mountian made the .56 barrels or t/c ?
Old 04-30-2017, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by muzzlestuffer
Do you know if green mountian made the .56 barrels or t/c ?
TC made them... they just took the standard .54 pre-drilled barrels and bored them out a little bigger.

BPS
Old 04-30-2017, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Blackpowdersmoke
TC made them... they just took the standard .54 pre-drilled barrels and bored them out a little bigger.

BPS
Interesting well they made good barrels my .58 is a tack driver ! Thanks BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.