Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Firearms Forum > Black Powder > Traditional Muzzleloading Forum
Off Topic - A Big Coyote On One Of My Foodplots >

Off Topic - A Big Coyote On One Of My Foodplots

Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Off Topic - A Big Coyote On One Of My Foodplots

Old 02-21-2017, 01:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've heard no reports of any of the coywolves anywhere below Maryland. I think some have been found in Michigan and Wisconsin and some have SUPPOSEDLY been sighted here in Illinois but I don't think any have been taken for DNA testing yet.

Whatever it is, it's a whopper of a yote. But in all reality Semi, comparing it to those tiny little things you guys call deer isn't much of a guide My Beagles would look big beside one of them little rats ( runs off giggleing )
Old 02-21-2017, 02:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

You'd better run off giggling you scoundrel. Our deer are fully a match for your Beagles.
Old 02-21-2017, 03:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I dunno, I got a demon foot speed Beagle named Oscar that dang near has the legs of a Walker. He doesn't chase the rabbits to me, he catches the darn thinks and brings them to me wriggling! Fastest dang Beagle hound I have ever seen. Worst nose in the bunch but he is unmatched once he sets eyes on it!
Old 02-28-2017, 03:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

SH that sounds like the Lab I used to have. I'd take her for pheasants and it got to the point where my cousin asked me why I even carried a shotgun. She would catch them and bring them back to me. I even witnessed her flushing one and jumping up knocking it down with her front paw and grabbing it. She was one heck of a dog and her gorgeous chocolate coat shimmered in the sunlight.
Old 02-28-2017, 05:53 AM
Dominant Buck

My black Labrador would occasionally show up on the front porch with a grouse in its mouth. That grouse was still alive and their head was looking all around. It was funny, he'd sit at the front door with that bird in his mouth just waiting for me to come to the door. And he'd hold it tight until I reached down and took it from him.

I had a beagle when I was a kid. A little female. She was a rabbit terror. She'd hit a trail and sound out, and that's where you'd stand because she'd bring it back around for you. Then my brother took her hunting one afternoon and after that she was gun shy. He never would say what happened that day.
Old 02-28-2017, 06:20 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default Wold coyote crosses in the south

Here ya go Super hunt, there are all kinds of articles about coyote/wold crosses in the south if you google for them.

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/n...imals-science/
Old 02-28-2017, 08:28 AM
Typical Buck

I have videos from one of my leases that show our Va. Yotes in family packs of five to seven hunting for deer. I have heard them chase, kill and fight over the deers carcass and it sounds more like Hyenas than Wolves IMO. This year we killed 22 coyotes on two leases and those were killed while hunters were hunting for deer, not coyotes. We are all getting into hunting Yotes because the deer population has gotten so low. Between the Yotes and Chronic Wasting disease the deer Pop. is only a third of what it used to be in our area. But the Game Dept. has not changed the liberal doe seasons yet.