Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

The Good Old Days

Old 07-11-2016, 10:10 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default The Good Old Days

Old 07-11-2016, 04:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

LOL You do have a way with words my good man.
Old 07-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

The political correctness that has a grip on our society sickens me to say the least. My son recently tested for and passed (with flying colors) the NYS guide's exam and will become a licensed and registered NYS stream fishing guide by mid-August. He also hand ties custom jigs that he uses very effectively on the streams and rivers in our region and began selling them online.

Here's the kicker... he submitted a name for his business to the NYS registry for an LLC company to sell his hand tied jigs over a much broader spectrum. Because the word JIGS was part of his company title and found to be offensive, he was initially rejected pending further investigation. He was later granted the name for his little business because they probably realized that they would have to pull any/all products from retail shelves that contained the offensive word... JIG.

Remember... VOTE HILLARY if you would like to keep this trend alive.

BPS

Last edited by Blackpowdersmoke; 07-14-2016 at 06:51 PM.
Old 07-14-2016, 07:10 PM
Boone & Crockett

Because the word JIGS was part of his company title and found to be offensive, he was initially rejected pending further investigation.
Sad, but totally believable BPS. Ignorance and stupidity abounds. It reminds me of the incident a few years back when the mayor of D.C. fired a white aid because some city employees were offended that the aide used the word "niggardly" in describing how he would have to manage a fund's tight budget. Even the mayor had no idea what the word meant.
Old 07-14-2016, 11:48 PM
Fork Horn

Niggardly is not a comon word for the average Joe's vocabulary. In today's liberal minded PC ideology; I could see their ignorance of jumping to a racist conclusion. Just my opinion on the matter.
Old 07-15-2016, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

The ridiculous treatment our Law Enforcement Officers receive nationwide is another thing that makes my blood boil...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/07/15...estaurant.html

BPS
Old 07-15-2016, 09:25 AM
Banned

what happened to the last generation not teaching their daughters how to cook?! Good lord, I am still looking for one who's mother or grandmother taught her how to cook!
Old 07-15-2016, 09:34 AM
Boone & Crockett

You need to move down South MD. We're "backwards" that way.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sad to say it, and my wife will whole heartedly agree with me here, I had to teach her how to cook! And her Grandma AND her mom taught her SOME! Unfortunately, I've had her moms cooking. Note the beginning word in that sentence Sadly her grandma had passed the year before we met. From all I've heard about her, I would have loved her to death! And semi, they are from the south!!! Sorry, no way I could marry me a Yankee!!! Not all southern girls can cook. It aint like it used to be unfortunately.
Old 07-15-2016, 11:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by super_hunt54
Sad to say it, and my wife will whole heartedly agree with me here, I had to teach her how to cook! And her Grandma AND her mom taught her SOME! Unfortunately, I've had her moms cooking. Note the beginning word in that sentence Sadly her grandma had passed the year before we met. From all I've heard about her, I would have loved her to death! And semi, they are from the south!!! Sorry, no way I could marry me a Yankee!!! Not all southern girls can cook. It aint like it used to be unfortunately.

sh54

Yea...I'm sure you think us yanks don't know what home cooking is. All we eat is pizza and subs right? And what the heck does any of this have to do with a thread about all the political correctness crap we get force fed???

BPS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.