Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Shooting the Pedersoli

Old 05-27-2016, 05:40 AM
Typical Buck

Originally Posted by bronko22000
Hey guys. I opened up the notch from what it was (about .035") to about .050". What a world of difference! I can see a little light on either side of the notch now when the front sight is aligned. I think this should be a major improvement. Next outing will see.
I didn't catch this yesterday.

Need to do the same as front blade,pretty beefy, more than fills the rear notch when sighting.

What size file did you use? Needle?
Old 05-27-2016, 09:02 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have a set of small files all different shapes. I used the flat file that measured .050" thick and just carefully went straight down the existing notch.
But if your front sight is thicker you may want to see if you can find a file that is .062" or so.
Old 05-27-2016, 12:22 PM
Typical Buck

Been on the list for weeks now...thanks for the reminder.
Broke out the needle file set earlier, opened things up a bit; I guess Pedersoli liked to allow for user customization!