Community
Traditional Muzzleloading Forum Firearm Types open for discussion: Pre-Flintlock, Flintlock, & Side-lock Percussion. Smoothbores, Muskets, Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols & BP Revolvers, only

Woodsman @ 100 yards

Old 04-16-2016, 01:55 PM
Boone & Crockett

Nice report MD. Glad to see someone is getting out and doing some proxy shooting for me!!!! It will be about 3 more weeks before I get out. I'll be taking the Pedersoli out, maybe my new .54 barrel from Hoyt if he's back in the shop, and another rifle I may surprise you guys with. Keep your fingers crossed that the deal goes through.
Old 04-16-2016, 02:57 PM
Banned

barrel is 28" and yes. 177 grains on the balls.

All I know is that I was dead on at 75 yards when I went for my hog hunt. The only thing different is that i used factory made balls and a thicker patch this time around.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:24 PM
Boone & Crockett

It will be interesting to see where you're hitting now at 75 and 50 yards.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:38 PM
Boone & Crockett

Bronko Said: Nice report MD. Glad to see someone is getting out and doing some proxy shooting for me!!!! It will be about 3 more weeks before I get out.
About the same for me. My wife just had knee replacement surgery and I'm operating in nurse/cook/housemaid mode.
Old 04-16-2016, 03:49 PM
Banned

we got a nice 2 day snow storm hitting us now so no shooting until it melts and gets into the 70s again

Just more inside the house work. New book shelves are up, books loaded and other lil display things are now up on the shelves.
Old 04-16-2016, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
barrel is 28" and yes. 177 grains on the balls.

All I know is that I was dead on at 75 yards when I went for my hog hunt. The only thing different is that i used factory made balls and a thicker patch this time around.
Well something had to seriously effect either your sites or your muzzle velocities to the effect of around 500-600fps at the muzzle to get that much drop. You would think with a thicker patch to get an even better seal.

Originally Posted by Semisane
About the same for me. My wife just had knee replacement surgery and I'm operating in nurse/cook/housemaid mode.
Hope she is doing better Semi. It's looking like I am going to have to go back under the knife. All that work they did on mine didn't fix it up near as well as they had hoped. Seems one of the ligaments they replaced didn't take well or some such nonsense. Doc's talking full out knee replacement now. You know, what I wanted them to do in the damn first place!

Originally Posted by MountainDevil54
we got a nice 2 day snow storm hitting us now so no shooting until it melts and gets into the 70s again

Just more inside the house work. New book shelves are up, books loaded and other lil display things are now up on the shelves.
We had an absolutely beautiful day here today but I didn't get out to my range. Damn "honeydo" list was has grown to an outstanding size!!
Old 04-21-2016, 04:35 PM
Typical Buck

Nice rifle.